Unknown Cap Badge (not HJ-related)

Thanks Received
Would anyone know what org. this was for? cant really make it out, a swas plus 2 swords and bones or something....
Merci
:swiss

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Maybe its the wrong way around? could be a V under the swas and swords?

Attachments

I saw the same badge many years ago but it was not identified. I will try to find something in my PC files :001_huh:

Attachments

I think it is no RAD, as then they mostly did included a spade or axe or something like that
in the design. There are of course exceptions. Have not seen this type of badge mentioned
during my RAD research for volume 5 for the headgear-series "Heagear of Hitler's Germany"
or when I wrote my article about the RAD traditions cap badges for some German magazines!

Its bloody Fantasy item, thats what it is, i found it in the 1973 WW2Ltd. forgers catalog on page 2.
So i had no choice but to introduce it to Mr.Pliers.

Attachments

these where on german war booty recently as early member hat badges

:canada1
Paul, i guess thats why crap-ola like this will never flush, unknown means Let your fantasy run wild, and of course cant be proved wrong, because period literature will make no reference to it, so you have a choice;

• Accept that when you see it for $2.- in a known forgers catalog, pictured alongside many other fantasy items, that it was conceived to fool
• Invent a story and pass it on!

I can prove so many items fakes from these old books, so i cant allow myself to pick and chose, just because i might "own" one that cost me money! Mr. Pliers gets some food, and another lesson learned.

The guy i bought it from, a while ago, i paid €20.- for it, i mailed him last night and told him that i worked out what it was, and that i was not unhappy, but that i destroyed it.... i dont know him at all, he just refunded me €10.- through paypal, saying sorry that he didnt know either :biggrin1:

I tried to find in in German War Bootys ARCHIVE, but its not listed, so he either knows,or forgot to add it, or or or.... yes €10.- for me, and €10.- plier food.
You dont see them that often though, supporting the claim that when people "think" or say that their item must be real because they have never seen another, is bogus!

I bought such one about 1973 - an as far I remember it turned out to be af Regimeltal badge from Finland !! - maybee someone can find out if it is right.

Back