war merit cross with swords

Thanks Received
not that too exciting an item, ribbon for the war merit cross with swords, but on closer inspection its mounted on a BDM button, i thought that was of interest. pete:001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hey not trying to take anything away from them. I just thought that people not in direct combat roles ie shooting people etc, would qualify for the one with no swords. I stand corrected.

wmcws was issued to civil personnel when they where under war time duties, such as rescue, fire brigade, fire helpers, dispatch etc, and other duties were ones life might be in threat.

actually the award was even issued to uniformed soldiers in some quantity. As long as the merit was war related the swords where in effect. A civilain or soldier involved with say wood or coal production would get the award without swords

PAUL

KVK's rock and still widely avaliable at cheap prices! Although i just splashed out on another 6 packets with medals and a Dreschler Hoard Cartoned cased KVK1 with out swords :)

Attachments

Last edited:
That is what i would call a KVK fetish Mike:001_tt2:

But nice collection of them:thumbup:

yes some beauty stuff in that recent hoarde find. I got a couple pieces out of also and now have a complete set of the war merit series all by maker 1

PAUL

Any Photos Paul, Iam on the look out for a KVK1 with swords seen a few but usually abit expensive, with rubbish photos. Would like to hold out for a Cartoned one though, the second class with the packets are great think i have about 6 from the hoard :)

Back