Thanks Thanks:  0

WIR FLIEGEN badge

Does anyone have firm information on this badge > WIR FLIEGEN
    I have seen one or two of these on sites at large prices around 600.. USD. It is claimed to be a youth pilot badge of sorts but there is little about it. I just found this one at half the value seen so am interested

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 14th February 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Please login to view user info
    I always thought they were a day badge, I think that one is for sale on Dem Sieger at about 89, I think the most expensive one I have seen was 150 euros on Helmet Weitze website.

steiner

yes what I think also but the claims on some sites are weird as are the prices. Anyhow if so still very scarce

I have now seen one of these for 600.00 on a dealer site

In my opinion this badge is a daybadge/propagandabadge/tinnie... Angolia calls it a "participant's pin".

The badge is a combination of the membership badges of DLV and HJ.

Until early 1937 Flieger-HJ was wearing a cloth version of the DLV (Deutscher Luftsportverband) membership badge. In 1937 DLV was replaced by NS-Fliegerkorps (NSFK).

There are several badges with the text "Wir fliegen" "Ein Volk von Fliegern" and others.

Somewhere I have a photo of a Flieger-HJ with the DLV badge. I'll post it , when I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by cemifor View Post
    ... Somewhere I have a photo of a Flieger-HJ with the DLV badge. I'll post it , when I find it. .
    Here it is, DLV cap badge.

Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen it worn on the breast pocket also , must be why some folks list it as a pilot badge and value it so high.