1935 Gausieger Reichsberufswettkampf. No, wait...

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Now, we all know about the Gausieger 1935 fakes like this horrible thing here but even though it is obviously a fake, the main way we know that it is a fake is because this type of the Gausieger badge didn't appear until 1938.

Going back to the 1935 Reichsberufswettkampf though...

What is this??

Now, I just read an account by someone who won at Gausieger level in the 1935 competition and he says that he received a certificate. Another account from a jewellry apprentice who was Gausieger in 1936 states that he won some books. If these guys had received one of these medals I'm sure that he would have remembered. Has anyone ever come across one of these before? It looks good doesn't it so if it's a real item it may be something only awarded to the various Gausieger of Gau Württemberg Hohenzollern.

Attachments

never seen one before gar but like you said could have been somehting awarded to the person by his commuinty or workplace as apposed to something awarded by the competition. i have a gold engraved watch that was awarded to a reichssieger so who knows

And very nice it is too :)

Yeah, I think you're right. If all Gaue had awarded these we would have seen a lot more of them by now and of course, a different die would have been required for each Gau which would have been neither cost-effective nor clever :) Still, can't have been cheap to have had such a small run of these made.

Agreed with the both of You. Maybe I was not aware of this type of piece, this Table Badge, but in the last few month many of them have been appearing, for example in the May Auctions from Hermann Historica.

But if this was really awarded, Daddy had money, or the Kid was really famous in the town. Hey, nowadays daddys buy motorbikes or cars to sons/daughter, why not this in the past?

By the way, the competition was back in 1935 only for HJ, right? not like the 1938 one.

Regards

Antonio

That's right Antonio, it was only for the youth until 1938 but the competition was also open to non-HJ youth.

That is interesting information about some of these suddenly turning up... That's usually not a good sign. The one I picture there turned up in 2010. Time enough since then for the fakers to get it into production for 2012 eh?

Back