1936 Reichsberufswettkampf Reichssieger fake badge at Militaria Berlin - positive outcome

Thanks Received
A site that is said to have NO FAKES.... Granted you dont see these badges every day, but surely he must know this one is Fake?
€1400.- is a lot of cash for this fake... a lot!

Admin Edit: thread title amended to reflect the content of post #7 below

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yep, a definite dog. Here is one that was being sold by one of the Hamburg dealers a few years back:

It's a dog too of course

Attachments

Who let the dogs out...... :whoo:
I have to wonder: Every site i look at, has fake and reproduction small badges, all listed as genuine, and rare... Begs the question, is it just the small badges that dealers are clueless about? or is it everything?

Update: the seller has taken this down off his site..... wont be too long before it turns up again on another site i bet. Just like the Swedish fake badge that went back to the dealer and ended up being sold through Manions a year later - as original! In saying this, i have seen dealers take items "down" only to find the same item on their stand at a fair... time will tell...

Who let the dogs out...... :whoo:
I have to wonder: Every site i look at, has fake and reproduction small badges, all listed as genuine, and rare... Begs the question, is it just the small badges that dealers are clueless about? or is it everything?

It's not just badges Jo. I've never seen a dealer site that did not have at least a couple of bad or repro items on it, be them badges, cloth insignia, etc, etc. Some of them do appear to try harder than others to offer good items, but in this hobby it is buyer beware for sure.

Sold last year (inkl. urkunde) for €2100.- (HH also have a load of crap for sale in the small badges dept. each auction - fakes, repros etc.. usually they throw the fakes in with a few originals and make lots..)
Yes, know your onions, regardless of the seller or promised COA.

Attachments

Just had a mail that this fake has been destroyed, so it definitely wont be turning up for sale again! We need many more dealers like this :swiss

Attachments

cant expect all the dealers to be experts on everything, and this is a very rare and seldom seen badge,dpnt get me wrong the pin plate should have been like a red flag but great to see the dealer take such a good stance to this fake

Back