1938 Gausieger Badge

Thanks Received
Hi - I'm new to collecting and I've recently picked up 1938 and 1939 Kreissieger badges.

I'm looking at a Gausieger badge and would love some opinions because I'm a little confused by the color (it looks like there are silver ones and non-silver ones), and the pin-back - I've seen rounded and kind of flat ones. The diamond looks to have the right dimensions.

If you guys think it's legit, I'll go for it. I love these. I am amazed at the designers who worked on HJ awards/tinnies.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

One thing that sticks out is that this badge has the rear pin setup from Brehmer's Kreissieger badges. The pics aren't great but the badge looks fine to me.

One thing that sticks out is that this badge has the rear pin setup from Brehmer's Kreissieger badges. The pics aren't great but the badge looks fine to me.

Yes but other way around I think. This badge in post 1 is more typical of Brehmer Gausieger pin attaching. Sometimes it can be seen badges with Brehmer Reichssieger attachment like this here. it is a Gausieger 1939 that I found in another thread:

I think too that your badge is good Sierra. Little bit damage but if you do not pay too much it is okay. There is only one colour for Gausieger and that is silver so what you see is that colour wearing in some places.

Attachments

Thanks crack. I found another Brehmer Gausieger for comparison, and it matches it as well

Admin edit: pic added from emedals

Thank-you Trommeller. I think the damage/condition has been priced in, the badge is cheaper than one in good condition (like the one in the link I posted).

Attachments

Yes but other way around I think. This badge in post 1 is more typical of Brehmer Gausieger pin attaching. Sometimes it can be seen badges with Brehmer Reichssieger attachment like this here. it is a Gausieger 1939 that I found in another thread

Cheers Trommeller. I was thinking that but wrote the exact opposite :h

Hi - I'm new to collecting and I've recently picked up 1938 and 1939 Kreissieger badges.

I'm looking at a Gausieger badge and would love some opinions because I'm a little confused by the color (it looks like there are silver ones and non-silver ones), and the pin-back - I've seen rounded and kind of flat ones. The diamond looks to have the right dimensions.

If you guys think it's legit, I'll go for it. I love these. I am amazed at the designers who worked on HJ awards/tinnies.

A heavy worn original. About the design: I asked the G. Brehmer Firm about the designer of this type of award: didn't received much answers. Afterwards a German speaking person alo tried it and he got the response that it was not possible to research.

Back