1944 gausieger question

Thanks Received
Is this 1944 Gausieger genuine, in your opinion? I know it is different from my 1938 example. Also is this a DJ patch?
Any ideas what it was used for? Thanks for your help. The maker of this Gausieger is G. BREHMER MARKNEUKIRCHEN.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Sniper,

I am not the "Expert" from Gausieger 1944, just compared with an "accepted" original and founf differences in the eagle's head and also the frames, so I wouldnt think that one is original.

The oder one is an Breast Insignia Badge for BDM Leaders. I have no idea about those.

REgards

Antonio

its a fake gau,
really hard for anyone to tell due to the clever angle the pic has been shot at, i think it was shot that way to hide the tell tale signs ,also looks like its been silvered to make it look in better conditon , stay away from it

There was no trickery in these scans. I just scanned it straight on with my HP 3970. Maybe it was "silvered" when it was made, but not by the vet's estate I got it from. Do they make fakes with G. BREHMER on the back? Thanks for any info.

Yes Sniper, the Gausieger from 1944 has been copied with the G. Brehmer's marks and are quite dangerous copies. In fact, I believe it is the most dangerous from all of the Reichsberufswettkamp badges.

In this section, "Reichsberufswettkampf badges" thewre are 4 pages with many threads, if you see carefully (or not) you will see many threads about this particular Badge, Gausieger 1944.

Full Members have also access to the Fake Section, there it could be seen many copies of this badge.

Dangerous one, for sure.

Regards

Antonio

I have a question for whoever can answer it. The pin on the back of my Gausieger has the ability to be rotated. I have rotated it about 45o, myself, but afraid to try a 360o. But I think it would do a 360o. My question is do real badges do this? Do the repros do it? I have never seen another German badge with this ability, although there no doubt are others - perhaps by the same maker? Opinions, please. Thank you. ps: I just added the photos - as an after thought.

Attachments

Last edited:
The BDM breast eagle in bevo on white is a common fake from the late 1970s .

only the 44's have this type of hinge, but after seeing the back i know for def its a fake, for people to give you a 100% apraisal its best to have a staright on pic of the front and a straight on pic of the reverse as when they are on an angle like your first pic it hides a lot of detail

only the 44's have this type of hinge, but after seeing the back i know for def its a fake, for people to give you a 100% apraisal its best to have a staright on pic of the front and a straight on pic of the reverse as when they are on an angle like your first pic it hides a lot of detail
I already told you that the images I posted of the Gausieger badge were DIRECT SCANS. What that means is that I put the badge in my scanner, and reproduced an image of it. Not at ANY angle, but directly of the badge. I don't know how to make it any clearer. There was NO trickery involved.

Hi Sniper,

Scans are ok but as badges of this type can not get flat 100% it means that there will be an angle. The best option is just to make a picture directly.
Good Luck

Antonio

antonio im glad someone can understand what i was trying to say, thank you for helping me to clear it up

Well, I don't understand. I am no scanner expert, but I can see the beam of light that does the scanning at work. It travels the entire length of the scanner. I was always under the impression that that beam of light illuminates the scanner's scanning mechanism, so that the image is not dark. I seriously doubt if the scanning mechanism scans the object BEFORE or AFTER it passes over the scanned object. Maybe I am wrong. It just doesn't make any sense to me, that it would do that. For one thing, there would be shadows cast by that light if the mechanism scanned before or after passing over the scanned object. Any other explanation blows my semi-technical mind.

scans are okay on something with a flat surface but if the item has any sort of curvature it can distort the image and makes things look differant, heres a straight on front pic of a good gau 44 by the side of your pic so maybe you can see what i mean by straight on.
as for earlier posts angled pics are regularly used by dealers to hide tell tale fake signs i thought your first pic was from a dealer hence why i mentioned it for you to know for future referance

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining it to me. I wasn't aware that curved objects distorted the light. One (major) difference I can see between your good one, and mine are the heigth of the "GAUSIEGER" and "1944". I will bet that on the real one there is NO paint on the top & bottom of the eagle, either, like there is on mine. That would be VERY un-Germanic. :germany

Can anybody tell me why all the repros of the 1944 Gausieger I've seen so far are slightly corroded? But mine is not. What does that mean? (I didn't search the whole Data Base.) :001_rolleyes:

your fake has been better looked after ??? made more recently, a lot of people age fakes to try and make them appear more genuine too

Back