Berufswettkampf participant/officials badge

Thanks Received
Hello,

we know, there are participation badges of the RBWK. But it is very hard to find the badges from 1936 and the later years. 1934 and 1935 is easy. But figures of the participants increase during the years. Normally there must be more badges in the market.

My question: Is it possible, that the badges of 1934 and 1935 were given to all participants and not only to the Reichssieger level?

Opinions are welcome!

Kind regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

I can't find anything specific on the 1934/5 badges but I have always viewed them as fundraiser/publicity badges rather than badges that were worn exclusively by finalists and organisers etc at the Reichskampf; as was the case with the post-1935 badges.

There are hollow and solid versions of the pre-1936 badges which is something that happened with some other day/fund-raiser badges so perhaps that is a further indication for the 1934 and 1935 badges being something more lowly than a finalist badge.

If the pre-1936 badges were indeed fundraisers then this would be a plausible scenario to explain why they can so easily be found today compared to the post-1935 badges that we know were only worn at the RBWK final.

Hello Gary,

That sounds logical and is an option. Thank you for your opinion.

Markus

Back