Brehmer 1944 Kriegsberufswettkampf Reichssieger badge with gold finish?

Hi Wim,
One can also, as already mentioned poorly made Gaussieger 1944 discover overpainted yellow color.
No, this is not correct when it comes to genuine zinc/painted badges. The yellow color is in fact normal white paint that has either:

• Been covered with Zaponlack/Firnis - Clear varnish
  • Faded over time.

I clearly showed this with microscope images of the white/yellow paint (on zinc badges) in the last book i wrote.
What might also contribute to white turning a different color is the coating process. "Galvanisch-versilberung/vergoldung" may also have reacted with the paint, as is also discussed and shown in the PB book.

Still breaking my head on these. :h One thing that bothers me on the gilding and silvering theory is the fact that in that case pieces must exist with still a decent amounth of bright gold or silver finish on the reverse set up. Sometimes this can be seen on combat awards: the silvering is completely absorbed on the surface of the award but still 100% there on the pin, hinge and catch.

Regards, Wim

Still breaking my head on these. :h One thing that bothers me on the gilding and silvering theory is the fact that in that case pieces must exist with still a decent amounth of bright gold or silver finish on the reverse set up. Sometimes this can be seen on combat awards: the silvering is completely absorbed on the surface of the award but still 100% there on the pin, hinge and catch.

Regards, Wim

Hi Wim,

I hope I understand you correctly with the remnants of gilding. Was it not in contributing 6 to see what in the weblinks?

kind regards

No, this is not correct when it comes to genuine zinc/painted badges. The yellow color is in fact normal white paint that has either:

• Been covered with Zaponlack/Firnis - Clear varnish
  • Faded over time.

I clearly showed this with microscope images of the white/yellow paint (on zinc badges) in the last book i wrote.
What might also contribute to white turning a different color is the coating process. "Galvanisch-versilberung/vergoldung" may also have reacted with the paint, as is also discussed and shown in the PB book.

Hi Jo,

thanks for your note, which was aware from your party bagde with the white color. I just did not mess donate ...

Beautiful elucidation of the migration of color ...

regards

Yes, I see it in post 6 but they are also pretty worn. I hope to see a piece with entirely intact gilding on these specific parts. If you follow the theory than would a real mint conditioned Reichssieger have in some cases an completely absorbed gilding surface of the award (so nothing left) but still a bright gold finish on the ball hinge, cacth and pin because they are not made of zinc.
It's pretty good visible on some Allgemeines Sturmabzeichens. The badge is turned dull grey but the hinge catch, needle and soldering shines like it was done yesterday. (I will look for a pictures of such an example)

Regards, Wim

Hi Wim,

take a look to the picture of site 67 from the book "HJ" by Angolia vol.2...
What you think over the color is grey the wings?

regards

Hi Wim,

take a look to the picture of site 67 from the book "HJ" by Angolia vol.2...
What you think over the color is grey the wings?

regards

That's a difficult one, Falco. I can't make much from that black and white picture. I contacted another RBWK collector and he is sceptical about gilded Reichssiegers. I will contact others for their opinion. I guess this is a situation that needs some time to develop more insight and research before we can come to a final conclusion.
But I'm very happy that you brought this weird bugger under our attention. It feed the discussion :thumbup1:

Regards, Wim

Back