COMMENTS on this 1944 Gausieger please

Thanks Received
might buy this late 1944 version but wish some opinions

THANKS Paul

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I know these late war painted versions exist can you please tell me the red flages on this one for me and all to note. I was suspect of the ball type pin and hook for one but please elaborate

PAUL

There is some debate on this particular type of the 44. Some say it's a fake, some will say it's a 'variation'. I personally would go for the former option because I can't believe that such a small run of badges would have allowed the wide variation in quality between this badge and Stu's for example. There is a huge difference in the quality - too big a difference for me personally and I would always go with Stu's type.

It would be great to see some period evidence which speaks either for or against the badge posted by Paul so that we can put it to bed once and for all.

hi paul
i know we are all here for the same reasons and some of us have more knowledge than others in certain areas and we all want to learn but unfortunetly there are also a lot of fakers etc that look through these sites for tips and due to this i am allways worried about giving detailed reasons as to why its a fake on an open forum as the last thing i want is to help the fakers get better
stu

YUP AGREE COMPLETELY ,In some cases better to PM known members with the facts . Got shot down earlier for this . I do think giving some info on the obvious red flag(s}should be given in all occasions though

PAUL

How about this one? For sale at a well known dealer with good reputation (for about 340 euro)

Attachments

first of all you are showing 2 diff backs here, the one if from hiscoll but the other back is from weitze so dont know why you have done this???
as for the badge from hiscoll its hard to tell due to the extreme wear to the front and tthe pics not being the best but from what i see i think its a good one, cant comment on the weitze one as i havent seen the front

I steer clear of these things, they are great looking badges but some of the fakes are good. I wouldn't buy one unless Stu checked it out first.

Oops, didn't mean to post the one from Weitze - my mistake
I had the pics all together in one map :blushing:

This is the front of the one from Weitze. Looks in better shape then the other one

Attachments

i agree the weitze one does look better is a fuun colour though dont know what happened to it??heres one of mine for you to see

Attachments

hi paul havent got one on file but will get one done over the weekend

I steer clear of these things, they are great looking badges but some of the fakes are good. I wouldn't buy one unless Stu checked it out first.

I agree with you. At the moment I will focus only in tinnies and day badges, but I am sure that next year I will jump into one of these.

But something is for sure, or I buy it in Dasreich.co.uk or I dont buy unless I post many pics here.

Regards

Antonio

Back