Fake 1944 Gausieger - blindly the blind lead the blind

Thanks Received
Nosing around another forum that i was invited to join and found this thread. Had to laugh dont know who this J Brandon guy is but he obviously knows his stuff, i especially love this passage :

John Brandon on WRF said:
I have handled quite a few of these badges in my time. (32 years, collecting and dealing) I don't know everything about everything. Ade will tell you that

But what I do know, I know well, and if that badge is fake then everything I've handled in the past is fake too.

It's 100% fake. Not a great way to advertise how good a dealer you are and also not great to be too blind to even want to see it

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

i seen this mate haha wasnt gonna stir it but it gave me a laugh!

e2a you mist a bit!

I'll tell you, have these "experts" have never even seen a real one, let alone handle one. Jeez. It really makes my blood boil over, and honestly, thats why dealers don't have time for forums, as the half the ""EXPERTS"" know bugger all!

how funnys that when you own several Stu? that badge at the link is horrid, surely dealers cant know it all but, John also asked on a pin with coffin shaped plate a couple of weeks back , these are all little things dealers should know man!

and Stu the differences can be seen easy when a real one is next to the one in the link !!

Last edited:
Sometimes I think this is a "Penis" competition: I have collectied for 32 Years, AND I for 45 Years!!! And I since 1945!

There are people with decades in their back who can be trusted, and people with much less than that and can be also well trusted.

Anyway Stuart, as we have already seen, the worst Blind person is the one who doesnt want to see.

Regards

Antonio.

PS: Looking forward to see you in September (when I finish with the payment) my new Gausieger :))

FUGLY badges!

heres another pair we will all recognise up on waf, from good old jamies site, watermarks photo'd out so as not to alert another collector to steal them rare beautys :w00t:

have to admit these are a hard one form me because they way they age etc hope to get an original to study in hand sometime!

Attachments

this guy certainly does not like his fakes being called fake and he is in good company with others on that forum who seem to like them THEY ARE STILL FAKES though sorry well not really , wonder what name he uses here :canada1

Paul, thats a strange forum indeed. The Admins are goodly fellows, but the rest are the usual experts from around the forum world. Experts at giving their salt, yet when asked where their salt comes from, they go into "invisible" mode!
Example

100% agreed!
What kind of a system is that then? These "Small badge experts" and these "Experts for political organizations" and these "Experts" in general are very quick to give the Uncle Tom smile and a reassuring "Yeah boy, dats original for sure, i have the same.." yet when they are asked to explain WHY.... they never return to the thread.

Hell, if this is the way that it works, i will anoint myself to:
Worlds Best-leading-top-guru-Expert for Militaria - all areas, all periods, all items, from 10,000 b.C to 2013 a.D

I`ll give you a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down, BUT I WONT TELL YOU WHY THOUGH!
btw, my services cost U$D 99.- per 10 minutes, and an extra U$D 500.- ontop for good luck, and a few hamburgers.

Uncle Albert: Del Boy, i asked Rodney to get me a hamburger, and he came back with a CHEEEEEEEEESE-BURGER!!

Stu, well you have to join now, i must admit to "pot-stirring" once more .. well the bloody spoon was left sticking out, and it was just there, on it`s own, bubbling away... so, well i gave it a stir... :swiss

People only get away with that kind of thing on a forum that allows chit-chat and old-school bluffing. HJ-research aims, and has always aimed, to counter that by promoting a culture where proof is the overriding authority and full discussion a must. When appropriate, please posts links back to discussions here on hj-research whenever you can on your travels. You'd be surprised how effective they are.

i am being insensitive, these things cost monày.. and maybe later on down the track, these things get sold as good, and then for sure you wont want to be coming back to the thread saying anything, coz it may mean...... hell, you may have to refund some cash. And thats why you are all clever and i am an ignoramus. Yes swinging in my hammock back n fro, Jo-the-lad, waiting for some enlightenment on the NSKK Jelly-green badge.... and then it hits me, like falling out of the 15th floor and landing on nails.... bang! Yes i asked a reasonable question, and yes, they are sold by big names each and every day, and yes most forum posters know everything about them, and it`s not because they dont want to talk to me about them, it is simply because they have all sold them before as good, so questioning them now, would be bad for business, ego, wallet, rep.... you name it....
and i was on a woe is me trip there....
Right, back into the hammock.. smelly Gau-siegers indeed, whats next? a spoof-HJ-Research site, with a recurring loop-link to the last episode of The Waltons.....

need another forum like a hole in the head lol, besides im either reading it wrong or mr brandon has admitted he now thinks the badge is fake, shame he never bothered to update his original post , also where is the said badge now still in his collection or has it been sold on ???? just a thought

Could have been worse, could have been the 1944 zinc A.O Landessieger..cough cough... If it`s been shifted on already, then no point in digging deeper, thats only going to cause bad mojo, But, it would be nice to have some sort of detailed reference base for these badges, maybe up on the wiki - for future use, with pointers to what to look out for, maybe a fake gallery as well...... thinking aloud again.

Back