help with 1944 Gausieger

Thanks Received
I would like to get some help with this badge as there are some very good repro versions of it out there and I have a difficult time with these 44's sorting the good from the bad.Stuart ....

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

its a fake im afraid mike, have a look at the many good ones on this forum and compare them with this one and you will see many many differances

Stuart , thanks for the help it is very much appreciated. I compared this badge to an original (picture in this post) that I already have & spotted several of the differences which are obvious.The one I posted is from a dealers website & the asking price was a little low & I almost acted on emotion rather than common sense.I don't know why but I always have a difficult time with these 44's.Stuart have you ever considered publishing a book on this series of HJ awards ?

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
lol im not a book writing person mike, wish i was, love to read but dont think writing is my thing, anyway glad i could help anytime you need a spare pair of eyes just ask

Come on Stuart...follow the old road...the proven road..the chosen road.. IMAGES and ZERO text
:swissyes you can !!!!
Use Jack Pia as a guide, show a pic of this badge, and a text saying: Gausieger badge, worn by Gausiegers!

lol,your right there are so many bad books out there that are just pics and a lot of them are fakes lol, but sorry my knowledge is nowhere near enough for a book and i have never pretended it was lol,to do a book justice on these badges it would have to incorparate all the competitions from their inception, all the winners and participents badges plus and mainly all the actual workings of the competitons where they held what they involved etc etc etc , would take for ever to get all the info together and if you did would the interest be there for a book on just this one area i somehoow doubt it

Metallwarenfabrik ... I see your point ; but it would be nice if someone did write one.

Last edited:
Metallwarenfabrik ... I see your point ; but it would be nice if someone did write one.

Weeeell then pick up your pen!
Its so easy.... full page pictures with minute text, hell you could even write in Hebrew or Mandarin, just copy and paste any old Kak from the net, collectors dont bother to actually read the texts.. laminate each page as well, protects against collector-drool.

Yeap, there are a few differenes with this type of badge.... but I also think that sooner than these badges will be brutally difficult to be spotted.

Well, I dont know if Stu should make a book... but I will be more than happy with 20 or 30 pictures from his collection :d

Take care

Antonio

Back