An example...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I got a similar letter, also about the Kreissieger award. I guess it is logical that the state didn't pay for the many 10.000's of Kreissiegers and probaly also not for the few 1000's of Gausiegers and that only the Reichssieger award was given?

Regards, Wim

With the Reichssieger it makes no sense to pay the award, so the trip to Berlin to the Führer and all costs were paid.
I have not yet found a document for the Gausieger on the topic.
But I do not think that the Gaussieger had to be paid. The final rally took place with award ceremony, because I do not think that anyone else wanted to have money for the badge before ore after the event .

Regards, Falco

Attachments

I remember reading somewhere that the Führer awarded the Reichssieger badges... does anyone know if that is true?

I remember reading somewhere that the Führer awarded the Reichssieger badges... does anyone know if that is true?

Hi Mike,

No, the badges and presentation folders were handed out to the winners by Schirach and Ley (1934-39) with a selected delegation of the Reichssieger being presented subsequently to Hitler in May. Here is a pic showing a DJ leader receiving his folder. You can see boxed badges and other folders on the table waiting to be presented:

The 1944 Kriegsberufswettkampf differed in many ways to the peacetime competion. I don't know if you seen it but there is more on the 1944 event in this article that I prepared with Wim Vangossum: Manufacturers of the Reichsberufswettkampf Kreissieger badges 1938-1939

Attachments

Hi Mike,

No, the badges and presentation folders were handed out to the winners by Schirach and Ley (1934-39) with a selected delegation of the Reichssieger being presented subsequently to Hitler in May. Here is a pic showing a DJ leader receiving his folder. You can see boxed badges and other folders on the table waiting to be presented:

The 1944 Kriegsberufswettkampf differed in many ways to the peacetime competion. I don't know if you seen it but there is more on the 1944 event in this article that I prepared with Wim Vangossum: Manufacturers of the Reichsberufswettkampf Kreissieger badges 1938-1939

Garry, thank you for the explanation.

And a girl being presented the Reichssieger, comes from:
The 1938 May DDM book uploaded here.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I've updated the table in post 1 with the information but as it's the first time I've seen figures for the total number of Gausieger and Reichssieger badges awarded during the history of the Reichsberufswettkampf in a period source I thought I would put the numbers here too.

Total number of Gausieger badges awarded:
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

These badges are a lot rarer than I thought then. I had a nice 1939 Reichssieger once but my dream was always to bag a 44. Never found one where I was happy to pay though.

Back