Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I know that we've discussed this in part previously in various posts and threads but I thought it would be useful to get everything in one place and to add the missing information as we find it.

Last update: 4.4.2020

The table gives us, where available, the locations for the finals by year, the number of Kreissieger, Gausieger and also the number of Gausieger who were invited to the final competition. Finally, the number of Reichssieger is also listed. Yes, I know that the superscript footnote numbers aren't always in numerical order. I'll fix that at some point.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

The Type 1 Reichssieger badge (left, an example from 1937) was first awarded in the 1936 competition and was replaced by the Type 2 in 1938 (right). In 1944 a painted version of the Type 2 was awarded to the Reichssieger in the Kriegsberufswettkampf. No Kreis- Gau or Reichssieger badges were awarded by the RJF/DAF for the the 1934 and 1935 competitions so the numbers here are for info purposes only. In 1944 only Gau- and Reichssieger badges were awarded. In the 1941 book Erziehung im Großdeutschen Reich it is stated that that there were 'approximately 500' Reichssieger each year. The book gave us a useful datum from which to work but this was not actually true so the aim here was to get exact figures from primary sources. The following table collates these results using period references:

Table follows:
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.
References:
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Last edited:
hi gar

dont remember where i got it from but have it on file here that in 39 there where 40,000 kreiss, 6,501 gau and 508 reich. and in 1944 there where 406 Reichssieger

Thanks Stu. I'd be grateful for a reference showing the figures for 1944 if you can find it mate. I seem to remember reading on some forum that the 508 figure comes from R Lumsden? If so then the others are likely to be in the same book I would imagine. If anyone has that book I'd be grateful if they could let me know whether he gives a reference for the figures.

I've added them to the table for now though. Ta! :thumb:

I've added a little more to the table in the meantime.

Thanks Garry and Stu for this great piece of Information. Definitely I have to get the book from Axmann.

Yes, I can recommend it Antonio.

Just an addition to post 1: in the 1941 book Erziehung im Großdeutschen Reich it is stated that that there were 'approximately 500' Reichssieger each year. This gives us a good datum but it would be useful to get more exact figures for the table if we can; especially for 1935 and 1936 because the number of finalists for those years is already close to that figure..

I can confirm that Stu's figures of 40.000 kreissieger, 6501 Gausieger and 508 Reichssiegers come from the period reference 'GRUNDLAGEN DER DEUTSCHEN SOZIALORDNUNG' (published in 1942).

The book also states that there were 671 participants on Reichslevel in 1936, 3224 in 1937 and 6323 in 1938.

Regards, Wim

Hi all,

Sorry for the off topic, but does anybody know where to find the 'Grundlagen der deutschen Sozialordnung' Verlag der deutschen Arbeitsfront 1942, and for which price?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Antonio

Thanks very Much Don Garry. Ill buy for Xmas :)) Im trying to get more info about this competition.

Regards

Antonio

wish i could speak /read german, makes it so much easier to find stuff out lol

Well, Garry, to be honest, I would like to write an article for the Forum about this competition, at least for the 1938 and 1939 ones. Something small but containing good info about them, like tests, types of jobs tested, number of participants, etc. That is why this book and also the Axmann one can good help.

And Yes, Stuart, itis great to know German, first (mainly) because my job and second, because I enjoy big time discovering something new, it doesnt matter that others have also seen it (like the UM or RZM pages, etc). Still, I have been 4 years already in Germany and being 36 myself, it is not an easy thing to be learnt, at least for me. Patience and being constant.

Regards

Antonio

Well, Garry, to be honest, I would like to write an article for the Forum about this competition, at least for the 1938 and 1939 ones. Something small but containing good info about them, like tests, types of jobs tested, number of participants, etc. That is why this book and also the Axmann one can good help.

Sounds great Antonio!

This project is one of things that makes this forum stand out from the rest. No one else is going into this and a lot more HJ-related stuff to the depth you guys do. This is great to see

This project is one of things that makes this forum stand out from the rest. No one else is going into this and a lot more HJ-related stuff to the depth you guys do. This is great to see

Back