Kreissieger 1939 – Tham – Opinion please.

Thanks Received
Hi All,

I would like to ask you for your opinion over this Kreissieger Badge from 1939.

The maker was Tham. The first question is:

Is it Real?

In my opinion, it is, but the conditions are ok, but the diamond looks in not so goof conditions.

So in case that this is real, do you think that 138 Euros is a good deal for it?

I am asking because that was the price a friend paid for that badge. In my opinion, I don’t think it was a fair deal (nothing cheap) because of the poor condition of the diamond. I guess it is better to save 20 Euros more or 40 Euros and get a better one.

But anyway. I may be wrong, of course.

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Sorry, i just read again what i wrote and made a mistake.

I meant to say that the price, 138 Euros is a fair one, but not a great deal or something cheap because the poor condition of the Diamond.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

138 is too much for a badge in that condition in my opinion. From the pictures it looks like someone has painted the diamond in an attempt to improve the appearance. For me that's an 80- 100 Euro badge at most and only then if someone is desperate to have a Tham and can't find one elsewhere.

unfortunetly the cost of these badges has risen, butchek currently has a wagner with no diamond whatsoever and he still wants €140 for it, the days of picking them up for under €100 because of the damage has long gone, nice ones are getting harder to find so people are settling for damaged ones and paying for them too.

but a nice tham kreissieger, was it too much for me yes but in todays current market no im afraid it was about the right price

Thank you Guys for your help. As usual, really good! I sold a few weeks ago my Kreissieger too, just to dedicate myself to Tinnies (and maybe something for the Flakhelfer).

So just to confirm, the normal price now for a normal Kreissieger in normal/gut condition could be 200 Euros, right?

Thanks in advance.

Take care.

Best Regards

Antonio

heres the one on butcheks for €140, good price on that one antoinio but it does say the back has been repaired

Attachments

If he's selling that for 140 I reckon my fake 38 Gausieger must be worth at least 50 now. At least you get a badge with mine! Only joking of course but let's see if the butschek badge turns up somewhere in the future with a new badge on it...

Just a quick one Stu, have you seen this on an Aurich before?

Attachments

Hi Garry, i saw that too yesterday night and forgot to add it here. Sorry, to much thinking in weddings. I never saw it before and the price is not really the best 190 Euro. It has a lovely front but that back is a bit strange.

Best Regards

Antonio.

By the way, Stuart, over that one for 150 euros, I got more pictures. I believe the price is right, but the repair was totally wrong.

Is the price right?

Regards

Antonio

Attachments

not one ive seen before gar, could just be a repair job as everything else is as it should be

its a lovely badge antonio shame the repair is so badly done, but still a decent badge for the money, on dealers sites now for a decent kreiss you are looking between €225-250, so the one above is not bad at all

Back