Landessieger 1940 Auslandsorganisation NSDAP

Thanks Received
Just wondering if anyone had any new info on the 1940 Landessieger A.O badge that was in a 2008 issue of the IMM. It said then that "research was not yet completed."

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
ha ha ha ha ha.. well this is the same Militaria mag that had a Reichsparteitage knife in it as genuine. Although to be fair, and we must strive to stay fair, :sad: it just says that the research has not yet been finalized. Thats why i asked, maybe it has been, finalized by now..5 years on...?
@Stu, stop laughing, i can hear you laughing.....

Well, the Reichsberufswettkampf was discontinued after the 1939 competition due to concerns about the availability of sufficient personnel to administer it. Hence, no RBWK in 1940 and I'm unaware of any verifiable information saying that the NSDAP Auslandsorganisation held its own contest in that year.

No, IMM magazine. But surely, if it was a fake, they would be all over the place for sale? and not only seen once? well that`s an argument that i have heard others say many times when they try and argue that something cant be fake because it is seldom seen! and if it was fake - it would be seen much more for sale - because all forgers made at least 25,000 of the same thing didn't they.....rule of thumb... :swisssecond pic is your pride and joy....

Attachments

IMM, okay. We've discussed the intro date of the type 1 Reichssieger badge a few times here on the forum and no information came to light showing that the badge existed for the 1935 competition. I remember posting a reference for that year showing that the winners received a certificate, not a badge. What does the author of this article give as a reference for the existence of the type 1 in 1935 Jo?

:swiss

Attachments

Cheers Jo. His statement that the type 1 was awarded in 1935 is contradicted perfectly by the excerpt he used. It states, as expected, that the winners in the 1935 competition at Kreis, Gau and Reich level received certificates and that the Reichssieger received special prizes 'Ehrenpreise' in addition to the certificate. There is no mention of a badge. The type 1 badge first appears in 1936 and then only for the Reichssieger. This was repeated for 1937 with the Kreissieger and Gausieger badges making their appearance in 1938 as we know. Any chance of seeing the rest Jo?

basically 500 pages of images of awards follow on and then rounded up by the last few pages below..

Attachments

Thanks for that. This kind of thing is quite demoralising to be honest. It's the same feeling I had after reading Clyde Davis' article on the achievement badges. Our forum has much more in-depth information on the RBWK than that article.. Grrr...

someone should write a new article then, and point out the way in which other articles lack in depth, and point fingers, blaspheme and thrown stones!

Attachments

Last edited:
I put the HJ-Research Wiki up to do that job but, well, you know what I'm thinking.. Nevertheless, anyone looking to write a serious article on this stuff could do worse than spend half an hour searching our forums here. Too much effort for some I suppose, or too big an ego or just plain complacent, I dunno

I put the HJ-Research Wiki up to do that job but, well, you know what I'm thinking.. Nevertheless, anyone looking to write a serious article on this stuff could do worse than spend half an hour searching our forums here. Too much effort for some I suppose, or too big an ego or just plain complacent, I dunno
If i knew anything about them i would :) But i dont, and dont have any either, and cant afford €250.- a pop to go busting these open to see what they are all about, besides, i would never have all anyway, the elusive Landessieger place would always remain empty. I suppose i could do "something" of a "piece" on them, fill it with filth and dementia, show new versions of lead-cast UNIVERSVMSSIEGER 1945 badges, and the even rarer and newer MEISTER-UNIVERSVUMSSIEGER 1945¼ badge, and round it all off with more swearing and close-ups of the only GALAXYSIEGER 1945½ known....

Okay,

I'm on a course of penicillin at the moment which will hopefully deal death to the crappy illness that's been bugging me for the last 6 weeks so as soon as that is complete (or I feel better) I will get a page on the RBWK and the badges up. Once I have the framework in place I would greatly welcome contributions from all interested in the subject. We have a good few on the forum who can contribute valuable input so it shouldn't take long to put a very good page together.

Attachments

I`ll write..er..Research it for you if you like... my one came with the space suit, but i know of versions that came without....

Attachments

garry if you want any pics top go with the article just ask, was going to do one myself, many a time i started on my pc and then deleated it, i dont speak german and most of the important info on these and the regs etc are all found in german books and i would rather not do one that do one with incorrect information on , besides me and article writing dont go together lol

.... It's the same feeling I had after reading Clyde Davis' article on the achievement badges. ..
Apropo Davis and the Leistungsabzeichen, there may be an article coming out this year in a collectors mag about the early Leistungsabzeichen, something along the lines of "who took the jam out of my donut" because yes, after reading part 1-3 of the Davis articles in the MA, thats how i was left feeling about how he covered the early ones - or his total lack of cover, to put it another way.

Back