Landessieger badge 1940 (Auslandsorganisation Reichsberufswettkampf)

Thanks Received
This one is for you Stu. Hi, did you see this on Weitzes update:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Link

Regards, Wim

Attachments

Hi Wim,

We discussed this competition a little here and I'm still unaware of any verifiable information about it. Axmann doesn't even mention it in his autobiography despite the fact that 22 pages of his book concern themselves with the RBWK. Surely he would have been consulted by the NSDAP AO in his capacity as the RBWK "guru" going all the way back to 1934? It would be great to see some detailed information on the AO trades competition surface at some point.

Having said all of the above, the Weitze badge looks authentic enough (when compared to the characteristics of a genuine RBWK Gausieger on which this AO badge is clearly based) and looks nothing like the monstrosity shown in a 2008 issue of the IMM (see the link I posted above).

How does Weitze reach the following claim?:
Offensichtlich hat aber die NSDAP AO einen Berufswettkampf für die Auslandsdeutschen veranstaltet
Why "Offensichtlich" ?

I think that your suspicion is correct Jo. He doesn't appear know anything about the competition either but likes the badge. "Offentsichtlich" in this case seems to mean "well, there's a badge, so there must have been a competition. Oder wat?"

hi all,

I have never seen this badge before, but it looks good enough to be original. Most of the Gausieger badges are still really poor made. Ok, there is a copy which can fool a few people, but still, can be more or less easy spotted.

Shouldnt be that also commeted in the "Grundlage der deutschen Sozialordung?" from 1942?

regards

Antonio

I wonder what land LANDESSIEGER refers to? Because the A.O - was everywhere, in many different countries. There will, or surely M U S T, be a mention of this in the 1940 A.O year books, or any of the other A.O books, papers etc.. known....

I cannot take the dealer on his word here, simply because i can pick many fakes and fantasy badges off that website at any time of the day or night, which is proof enough to me that whoever lists their small badges, does not know- the difference between an original and a fake - or, for better words, continually make "mistakes" with small badges.
So what can i trust of this description? That the images of the item LOOK GENUINE ENOUGH? No way Jose, not on my watch.:yo:

Well now, there are 14`000 good reasons why it would be feasible to fake a small badge. Even if you did it from scratch, from design to working die, and only made one single copy and then ate all the dies/tooling/materials... you could still make a pretty penny.

Back