Price Range in Gausieger

Thanks Received
Hi all,

I have been looking recently at many Gausieger. I have seen a nice range of prices, some of the abussive, some of them really cheap. So, just to be on the safe side with th prices, and also trying not to contribute with the "fool" prices that the III Reich items are starting to get. I thought to made a small list of prices for the Gausieger 1938 and 1939 as more or less the number could have been the same, let say 5% more or less.

It will be great if you also contribute with your thoughts.

I guess the mid point for a Gausieger is 400 Euros, isn't it?

For a Gausieger in a bad condition, we expect to pay less than 375 Euros. I am talking about badges without the silver finished, well damaged or with the diamond in poor conditions.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

For a Gausieger in mid conditions, I guess the price is between 375 and 425 Euros. IT depends on the finish, how used is the badge, how many scratchs and dents, and also if the diamond is in good conditions or not.

For a Gausieger in top conditions, it is clear over 425 Euros. We saw recently one in WAF for 400 Euros. I was really silly. No comments.Sorry, but I didnt find the pictures anymore.

what do you think, is it realistic what I wrote?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

Attachments

there are so many diff factors antonio, you have mentioned cond etc, but the biggest factor is whos selling it, a gau in poor condition fron a big dealer will cost you more than one in great condition from a private seller.and there is no reral set amount the prices vary so much its hard to pinpoint anything

i have a pic of the one on waf but its on my pc and thats in being repaired, im curretly on my sons laptop

Hi Stuart,

I know what you mean and you are right. More or less I am trying to avoid talking about "professional" shops because in some points, their prices are higher than "normal" people. The problem comes when "normal people" see those prices and still try to sell them a little bit cheaper than those prices. Yes, they are cheaper but still expensive.

I am just try to put a bit of "orden" in these Prices, more or less, because some of them are starting to be ridiculous and the "III Reich militaria bubble" grows and grows. But well, the demand marks the prices...

Regards

Antonio

thats the problem ,demand for gau's and especially reichs are much higher than supply so the prices rise,reichs where £1200 2 yrs ago butchek sold one recently within mins for double that amount its crazy.

the mintish gau on waf for €400, had i seen that when it came on i wouldnt have bothered to haggle i would have just bought it because it will be a long time before you find another in that condition for that price

Stu, you are right. The prices of the Reichssieger have doubled in the last 2 years. I have seen 4 on sale in the last year: 1 x Butschek, 1 x Militaria Scholz, 1 x Hermann Historica and 1 x Militaria Berlin and none was under 2.000 Euro.

I guess that people are "coming" to these pieces as others are already very expensive.

This is just a bubble that grows... until??

And there will be people who find them too expensive and go to another ground.

As for the Gau in WAF, that was really weird.

Anyway Stuart. good that you already got the best collection in the world of these Pieces. WELL DONE MATE, that picure with your whole familiy is a brutal killer.

I'll pay to see that museum!!

Regards

Antonio

thats the problem ,demand for gau's and especially reichs are much higher than supply so the prices rise,reichs where £1200 2 yrs ago butchek sold one recently within mins for double that amount its crazy.

the mintish gau on waf for €400, had i seen that when it came on i wouldnt have bothered to haggle i would have just bought it because it will be a long time before you find another in that condition for that price

would have bought that in a flash had i seen early enough aswell! 400 euros was a nice collector price imo compaired to what i have seen on prices of these awards!

Antonio, Emedals has not long sold a cased reichs for 2800$ i think , it was lovely condition also!

collectors seem to ask the same dealer price for these 3 awards with the exception of one or two! :frusty:

collectors seem to ask the same dealer price for these 3 awards with the exception of one or two! :frusty:

This is true with most items. Look at the prices of knives on the various forums, beat to hell and way overpriced IMO. Problem is many times people buy items for a collection but decide to change focus or sell for other reasons. They have bought from dealers for top price and don't want to lose money. I am guilty of paying too much for items myself. and know that if I ever sell up there's no way I could recover the cost of what I have spent. Nature of the beast.

Back