Reichsberufswettkampf Gausieger 1937

Thanks Received
Hallo,
I need your opinions on this Gausiegerabzeichen.
Is it good or a fake. I bought it with some other original HJ-items.
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A definite, 100% fake. This type of the Reichsberufswettkampf winners' badge was introduced in 1938 but neither the Kreissieger nor the Gausieger were presented with winners' badges prior to 1938 anyway so the badge shown is a perfect example of fakers getting the facts completely wrong

I've copied the thread to the fakes section :thumb:

so the badge shown is a perfect example of fakers getting the facts completely wrong :thumb:
Garry, i dont agree, i believe, or at least this is how my mind works.... i believe that the Fakers did this on purpose.. like putting 1938 on the Böhmen und Mähren badge, and Adolf Hitler 1933 on a badge marked M1/129 (when that maker only received the M1/129 number in mid 1938!!) and many other examples... i believe they did it knowingly... to catch people? well sure... but to catch people who just bought without bothering to learn.. and what about the RAD badge that is in every reference book German and English since 1977 yet the Unit on the badge is a pure fantasy unit that never was???? but still it is even in the 2010 Hüsken, and will be in the next... because nobody gives a shit about facts or history, they just want the Goods :)
So i guess i tip my hat to the fakers really, after all, if people buy this stuff.. and show it off, and publish it... they make themselves look like idiots if History tells the opposite ....

Hi Wim, page 71 of the 2010 catalog, 3804c. Its in all his books, even the 1977 Rowedder... the Unit is bogus, its a rip off of the Himmighausen badge pictured in the Assmann catalog. (NSAD not RAD... but same thing for me :)

No problem Holzwurm :thumb:

I agree Jo but all we can do is to keep hammering it home and hope that people do some research. Prior to the early/mid 90s - no internet. These RBWK badges can be researched through Google now thanks to forums like ours.

You mean 244/7? That unit is not a bogus-unit, as it was granted the name of
"Thorismund, König der Westgoten". This name is stated in the "Verordnungsblatt"
from the RAD. The other number 240/4 surely will have existed as also the numbers
1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 were stated. The numbers 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 all were granted
honor-names!!
I just found 240/4. This unit got the honor-name for Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl and
existed at Gebhardshain at one moment (units often were transferred to another
area).

Last edited:
we are also assuming the fakers actually know anything about the badges, as far as i can see they just copy designs it probably never even occured to them that the badge in this form wasnt made in 1937 and they probably didnt care either

Back