Reichssieger in the Reichsberufswettkampf 1937

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
The 1938 and 1939 Reichssieger badges are rare birds. Rarer still are the 1944 Reichssieger badges but the rarest of all are pre-1938 Reichssieger badges. I'm lucky enough to own a set including the handwritten award folder with the original signatures of von Schirach and Robert Ley so I thought you might enjoy seeing it. I was able to get in touch with a local historian who knew this boy's family so here's some background on him:

Alfred Hecheltjen III was born in 1919 in the small town of Brünen in northern Germany. The family mill had been in the family since 1837 and it was Alfred's father who eventually turned it into the most modern in Germany at the time. This achievement was recognised in 1938 by the award of the title 'NS-Musterbetrieb'.

Alfred Hecheltjen III completed his miller apprenticeship between 1934 and 1937 at the family mill and competed in the 1937 Reichsberufswettkampf where he eventually became the Reichssieger in his trade group in the finals in Munich.

His later military service ended in captivity and he eventually returned in early 1946 after which he ran the mill with his father before taking over completely on his father's retirement in 1969. He himself retired in 1984 and handed over the reigns to his son Alfred Hecheltjen IV. Alfred IV went on to almost repeat his father's achievement in 1966 when he placed second in the 'Bundesmeisterschaft' (National Championship).

Alfred Hecheltjen III died in 2006.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

My jaw just dropped ...Wow.
Thanks again for posting .

:) That's why I had to put the brakes on Pat. I'm not rich and the chase was just getting too expensive. Thanks all for your nice comments

Was chuffed to hear from Chris Ailsby the other day that my set made it into his new book 'A collector's Guide to German Nazi Party Awards' :) He did send me a scan but most of it is out of focus so I'll have to wait until I have some spare dosh to buy a copy and get a pic up.

Attachments

Well, turns out that Ailsby didn't credit the photos I gave him and also used my text word for word - again, no credit. His book is apparently full of fakes too so I regret getting involved to be honest. Lesson learned..

Bringing this old thread back while busy with studying Reichssieger awards. This is really a top grouping and mega rare. But they turn up from time to time.:001_smile:

Regards, Wim

Back