Tham Kreissieger 1939 - Good or Bad?

Thanks Received
I was wondering what you all made of this, the makers name is stamped not straight on the back of the badge, does this matter?
Please comment,

steiner

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The Swas and the letter"G" dont look right IMO. The makers stamp on the back is at an unusual angle as you say .

Nick

The Swas and the letter"G" dont look right IMO. The makers stamp on the back is at an unusual angle as you say .

Nick

I agree with you, I have compared this badge with other original ones that we can find in this section and there are many differences. For example:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f56/1939-hj-kreissieger-badge-1397/

As you said, the G is a weird one, the quality of the numbers is different, the Svastica is thinner on this one. I still dont know much about this type of badge, but just compare part by part and you will realise that there are many diferences.

Best Regards

Antonio

going from the pics which are not the best i would say its a original badge by tham , been badly abused though, i agree the swas looks thinner than you would expect and the enamelling on the red area is terrible looks to me like someone has tried to re-enamel it with bad results so either a replecment badge or a variation with a bad patch job as the rest of the badge is original, tatty yes but still original, better straight on pics would help confirm this 100%

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments, this was a very cheap Kressieger badge I picked up on my travels. I just wondered if it was cheap because of its condition or some more sinister reason. Thanks again, Merry Christmas one and all.

steiner

Back