thoughts on this 1944 Gausieger please

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:it looks good to me but not my field

Attachments

In my opinion this is the version of the badge usually described as a 'variation' Steve. A lot of collectors including some very knowledgeable on the subject routinely write these off as fakes. You'll still see them offered for sale on the big dealers' sites. I bought one in 2006 and returned it after it received the thumbs-down on WAF. Within a week the dealer had it back on sale. This version of the badge is usually offered for around 70% of the cost of the accepted originals.

hi ateve
this type of gau44 is not for me i believe these badges to be fake , the quality just is not there when compared to a genuine example,and there are areas of the badge that stand out when compared to a good version

This will be a hard sell in the future , pay the piper and get one were there are no doubts.

thanks guys will leave that one alone then save my money for something else :thumbup1: thanks again

Don't want to harp on about this one, but at the time, it belonged to me. I do not knowingly sell fakes,and if I had any inclination that it was a duffer, it wouldn't have reached my site. but in hand the quality was there. I couldn't fault it, after all by 1944, they had stopped the enamel version, and painted them. I did sell it, to a dealer that specializes in badges, and if it was wrong, he would not have bought it.

I am here to learn, and pass on some of my experience, but what exactly made this one a fake?

hi john there are a number of differeances from an original piece, heres a pic of one of mine you can clearly see he diff in quality dont want to go too much into detail on an open forum the other differeances are in the reverse set up etc

Attachments

Cheers Stu. I did notice the difference in the config on the rear. But I can see the main difference from the front.

Well at least I never sold it to a punter, I'll tell you, its a bloody minefield out there. I have a couple of badges I want you to look over, ok to post and give me your verdict. I know one is Defineately iffy, but not sure of the others

Cheers Stu

Back