Wettkampfgruppen - Reichsberufswettkampf

Thanks Received
Hi all,

I saw in a Kreissieger Award document that a person was a Kreissieger in the Wettkampfgruppe 4. Normally, in the Award's Document the name of the Wettkampfgruppe comes, but as I said, this time it is only written " Wettkampfgruppe 4".

Fine.

Luckily, I had the chance to see previous years "participations" and "Honor" documents from the same boy (or adult) and mentions the Wettkampfgruppe: Bau.

So it is logic to assume that Wettkampfgruppe 4 was the BAU one.

My question is: is there a list of the Wettkampfgruppen also classified by numbers?

Maybe it is a coincidence, but in the page 195 of the book from Günter Kaufmann - HJ, Das kommende Deutschland (1940) appears the list attached. But this list is taking out of context because this list is used to show the holidays of the "working Youth". Still, funny to see the Bau Group in 4 th place.

Anyway, has somebody a bit more info about the Wettkampfgruppen? Can be found in the Book from Axmann?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Antonio,

You can find the breakdown of the Wettkampgruppen in the 1938 Axmann book beginning on page 49.

Just for general info, here is a breakdown of the trade groups for 1935 and 1938 to illustrate how things changed and that the trade group "Bau" was indeed the fourth group as you say.

Here's a listing of the trades represented in the 1935 Reichskampf in the group "Baugewerbe" (from the book "Reichsberufswettkampf 1935 - Reichskampf Band I"). "Baugewerbe" is listed in fourth place and comprised the following trades:

Maurer
Zimmerer
Maler
Ofensetzer
Lackierer
Dachdecker
Glaser
-Rahmenglaser
-Blankglaser
Schornsteinfeger

By 1938 and the first competition open to adults, Wettkampfgruppe 4 "Bau" had been expanded to cover the following trades:

1. Berufsgruppe Hochbau
Maurer
Putzer
Schornstein und Feuerungsbau
Gerüstebauer
Steinholz- und Terazzoleger
Platten- und Fliesenleger
Wärme- Kälte- und Schallschutz
Abbrucharbeiten

2. Berufsgruppe Tief- und Strassenbau
Allgemeiner Tiefbau
Eisenbahn Oberbau
Pumpen- und Brunnenbau
Naßbagger
Eisenbetonbau
Strassenbau
Strassenwalzen

3. Berufsgruppe Bau-Nebengewerbe
Zimmerer
Maler
Ofensetzer
Dachdecker
Glaser
Stukkateure
Schornsteinfeger

Thanks Garry. WELL DONE and thanks for the PM.

Definitely, the Book from Axmann will be coming home this year. SO far I am reading "DAs kommende Deutschland" and find it really interesting, but man has to be motivated to read it, not easy after work.

THANKS GARRY!!

Beer is on the way.

Regards

Antonio

No probs Antonio. Many thanks for the beer! I'll be having that tomorrow :)

Hi all!
18 Wettkampfgruppen?
Were is Nährstand-wettkampfgruppe?
Regards,
Alex

Hi all,

I saw in a Kreissieger Award document that a person was a Kreissieger in the Wettkampfgruppe 4. Normally, in the Award's Document the name of the Wettkampfgruppe comes, but as I said, this time it is only written " Wettkampfgruppe 4".

Fine.

Luckily, I had the chance to see previous years "participations" and "Honor" documents from the same boy (or adult) and mentions the Wettkampfgruppe: Bau.

So it is logic to assume that Wettkampfgruppe 4 was the BAU one.

My question is: is there a list of the Wettkampfgruppen also classified by numbers?

Maybe it is a coincidence, but in the page 195 of the book from Günter Kaufmann - HJ, Das kommende Deutschland (1940) appears the list attached. But this list is taking out of context because this list is used to show the holidays of the "working Youth". Still, funny to see the Bau Group in 4 th place.

Anyway, has somebody a bit more info about the Wettkampfgruppen? Can be found in the Book from Axmann?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

Hi,

As Antonio mentioned, that list concerns itself with holidays in a selection of professions. Using my examples of 1935 and 1938, Wettkampfgruppe "Nährstand" was listed in 16th place in the 1935 list. In 1938 it was Wettkampfgruppe 14.

There are only 18 groups in Antonio’s file!
I have compared it with Axmann’s list (1938 year) – there are 19 groups (Wettkampfgruppe "Druck" and Wettkampfgruppe "Papier" are combined into one group). It lacks "Nahrstand". Which year was it added?

Garry!
Is the professions competition list of 1944 year known?

Regards,
Alex

As I mentioned Alex, Antonio's list is not a list of all Wettkampfgruppen but rather a list showing holidays given to members of the groups shown there. For 1938, Axmann lists 20 Wettkampfgruppen with "Nährstand" listed as Wettkampfgruppe 14. "Druck und Papier" are combined as you say and are listed as Wettkampfgruppe 8.

The "Kriegsberufswettkampf der deutschen Jugend" of 1944 (started in 1943) returned to the pre-1938 format of being a youth-only competition. I don't know whether this meant a change to the number of Wettkampfgruppen as I haven't come across a full list of those for 1944 unfortunately.

Concerning 1944 year – a document was sold. I failed to buy it but managed to take a photo. The groups are mentioned, but one can hardly see.
Weitze sells a Gausieger-document 1944, the group "Sondergruppe Wehrmacht" presents there.
What is it – not clear!
Have you any idea?

Attachments

That's useful information Alex. I found a small number of online sources that support what is shown on the leaflet but I have never heard of "Sondergruppe Wehrmacht".

Here is the document ...

Attachments

Thanks Alex. I still can't find anything regarding 'Sondergruppe Wehrmacht'. Have you come up with anything at your end?

Yes, the left half has gone that's for sure. Strange though that someone would add that very odd competition group when they could have gone for something easy.

Back