What's going on with this 1939 Reichssieger badge?

Thanks Received
This is on Winkler's update today for 1950 Euro. Looks like it's been damaged with some poor quality repair work done or something?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Those diamonds are a real weak point on these badges. One unlucky landing on a hard surface and the enamel just cracks out. Quite a price I must say for a badge in that condition.

Price does include the case, I don't know how rare the cases are so that may be why the high price.

Attachments

Last edited:
as garry said the diamond with all these badges are prone to damage, i would have prefered it if the owner had left it damaged than try to repair the diamond in the bad way its been done, as for price cased examples of these are rare remember there was only 508 of these awarded in 1939 so a very rare badge, however due to the damage it probably is too expensive, shame as the rest of the badge is in great condition.
and remember that case was possibly handled by mr hitler himself as he awarded lots of these badges;)

Last edited:
Still , 1950 euro is way to high . ( in my opinion )

after taking a closer look im not convinced the case is the correct case for the badge, i have never seen one before with a cream coloured interior they all tend to be diff shades of dark blue, so badly repeaired badge in a dubvious case = avoid unless a hell of a lot cheaper lol, i ould only pay the value of the badge on this one

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Not in my area at all, and probably would not want to even start collecting these or any other badges. Just questions for my own curiousity really. Thanks again. :001_smile:

The diamonds (on all grades of the badge) are more often than not damaged in some way. Usually just with small hair line cracks but sometimes with quite large chips. As you say, shame that someone has attempted to touch it up.

As to the box, I don't have my reference images to hand, but I doubt that it is original to the piece. The inside of the lower part of the box should be of a deep blue velvet material. At the very least the inside has been swapped out, but more likely it's a generic EK type box being used.

Cheers
Don

Back