Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Is this an authentic Hitler Youth winter cap?

HI Guys...

What u think of this cap? i know the picture is bad, thats the onley one i got. what im confused over , is the front, no buckle or button

regards...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by metho31; 24th November 2009 at 09:41 PM.

I never saw one like that. It looks like it's on a display or something, so maybe it was made just for that purpose, or someone found one that looked good and used it for the display. Just a guess.

Rob

Its in a display, allright, but i was offered the hole uniform, the guy who owns it said it was org. but i newer saw one before!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    I never saw one like that. It looks like it's on a display or something, so maybe it was made just for that purpose, or someone found one that looked good and used it for the display. Just a guess.

Rob

The cap in question is not an HJ cap , it problibly is from the 1930s or 40s and was most likley used as a ski cap or worn in a factory .

Real HJ caps were controlled by RzM codes ( for the most part) You will see ocasionally a Youth wearing a non standard Ski type cap but a true HJ ski cap will cost around 500 dollars and up , it should have an RzM marked buckle and there will be a cloth Rzm tag on the inside .

This cap is a typical civilian ski cap and is worth around 40 dollars .

Thank you Joe..

Agree with Joe, somebody has "mocked" this one up for the display.

shame the caps bad,but ask to see the rest ie brownshirt togal etc as i know i would as i am looking for one :laugh:

I agree, it's a pimped sky cap from the 30's or 40's.

These are the onley pic. i got right now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewan stirling View Post
    shame the caps bad,but ask to see the rest ie brownshirt togal etc as i know i would as i am looking for one :laugh:
    Attached Images Attached Images

civil cap, 30's /40,s, i would not be adverse to adding this to a very late war set up, berlin street fighter perhaps , as im sure anything that came to hand would have been worn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast