Is this an authentic HJ winter cap? (HJ-Wintermütze)

Thanks Received
hello guys , here to show a hj winter cap i was thinking of buying, its in nice condition! :thumb:

any opinions on the piece from the membership here, i would be most grateful !

the last picture is of the pair of winter caps my friend has for sale!

:thumbup:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Hmmm, Although I'm not an expert, I have my reservations about it. The buckle does not seem right. In general there are two to three buckling holes with comprised grommets in the other slope. The leather sweatband,....looks like recently put in the cap?
And since it is definetly not manufactured following RZM regulations it has logically not an RZM tag in it.
At best it is maeby a homemade or civilian cap following the example of the original authentic HJ cap?

My personal experience is, if you buy an item where there is doubt of authenticity in time you will loose interest in the item and it will be put in a place where it will not show.
Waste of money in my opinion. I would go for a sure piece wich has all the caracteristic features of an RZM regulated HJ cap, preferably with RZM Tag.
You will pay more, but will be proud to show it to everybody.
Anyway that's my opinion,
You decide
Mike
:belgium

Just seen it and on my opinion is not an HJ cap. The bucle doesn't really fits with an original and his shape is quite different from RZM ones.

I agree with the others, a civilian ski cap with an HJ member pin attached. Civilian type caps were used in the period as photos show, but very difficult to prove with a specific cap. I would hold out for an RZM model myself.

hello ,
a hj CAP must have Interior sewn in quadriage (with diamonds).

again but clearly this time !!
A HJ cap must have interior sewn in quadriage (with diamonds)

thanks guys this clears it well up !

now i must admit i wouldnt even consider these pieces as i have the same opinions as yous!

a friend bought this from a well known dealer (not in germany) and the dealer was sticking with a return because, he contacted the guy he got them from and he says they are original, seriously? there is a surprise! haha, makes you laugh.

he then contacted my friend with a waf link , started with Stonemint, and explained everybody there is saying good, this type of cap isnt even in that thread!!! you know the thread Darin where Kurt shows the leather billed civi cap!

the cap above is an Austrian civilian cap imo,has the shape of the polizei caps from there.

i would want one with rzm buckle and tag aswell as the proper lining bertl speaks of if buying one of these!

all branches of the hj summer mutzes are all identical in construction, as is the hj flak helpers cap, as does the fleiger winter mutzes to , and if i wanted a hj mutze it would be of the standard/regulation construction before i would trust the piece. as why else is their 5 different ones :puke:

i just did not want to prejudice the forum/thread before hand with my opinion !

so thanks very much all its much appreciated !!

bests! :scot

Back