Bannführer im Stab ?

Thanks Received
Hello,

How do you feel this visor please ? It seems good and the construction correct for this period.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ

Hello Lauri,
here is the rest of the pictures for this cap.....

Attachments

Thank you for the additional photos :thumb: I think it is necessary to have it in hand for a further examination. For sure the Hj diamond is not the one for this cap. The white piping is very thick. I'm not afraid by the RZM label even if it is not the label usually encountered in this model of visor cap. For the rest I do not see anything wrong. Other opinions are welcome!

I think it is an original cap. Inner construction looks ok, material period seems right. What i do not like is the dirtyness on the Hj diamond area or the marked shape of the eagle (if the eagle has benn off for 70 years why had to have this so marked shape). Otherwise it may a -very good- fake, but looks like original to me. i didn't bid for this one because I wasn't sure and had no caps to compater, but if someone took the risk was logical.

I noticed there a thing what I do not like; the RZM tag would not be more apropriated the big white tag used on early HJ/DJ caps wish said "Jugendmutze HJ/DJ"?
Aswell these caps use to have some marks on the visor due the past time and this one doesn't has.

Thank you for the photo Wim.
Here are other visors with different manufacturing qualities.

Attachments

Hello Albrecht,

For the "lackiert" visor, a final exam is necessary to check the stitching. Concerning the RZM label, many possibilities (Tuchmütze, Jugendmütze, generic,...). I know the "Mütze für HJ-DJ" label with HJ diamond (see photo) but not without! I think 1935 is the year for the confection of this visor ?

Attachments

I mean the tag of the foto above what do you posted; I think that one is the right one. And if you see the visor of the cap above, the material with time has beign in bad conditions, that is what I mean on my last post so. I am now a bit aware of ths cap.

I see what you mean. For the vulcan fiber visor I have no explanation. I will check if it was replaced/reworked when I could have it in hands.
I'm just starting some research, I think now the label is maybe ok for the period. Anyway thank you all for your comments ;)

Attachments

For the vulcan fiber visor I have no explanation

According to the January 1934 regulation the piping should be 2,5 mm, as most of the
other leaders had to wear a 3,0 mm piping. The leaders with the rank Bannführer up
to including leaders for a RJF staff had to wear a black lacquered visor (Kalblack-
Volleder).

I am not quite sure, as I cannot find it, but the early labels were not brown, but white.
Such label you see with the first grouping of photographs.

I believe 1935 for the first "Mütze für HJ-DJ" brown RZM labels but I don't sure if visors with colored headband was still manufactured in 1935 ?

Lauri: Out-of-heart I would say until late fall 1934, but lastet into 1935 due to economical reasons.
There were quite some problems, I remember.
It is not quite likely they were still manufactured in 1935. So for me, the label anyway should be
the white version! But as we all know, there always are exceptions.

After a final exam, everything looks good with this cap. I will post others photos for study ASAP!

Attachments

Here are photos of the cap.

Attachments

Back