BDM swimming cap

Thanks Received
Did any of you see or purchase this picture off of ebay - I forgot about it and did not bid?
Look at the picture on the right and the girl on the left.
Look at her hat - she has her HJ diamond attached to it.
I do not believe this was regulation but there are so many uniform variances with the BDM - who knows.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

as you said there are so mant variations, i have what looks like a swim cap with a large diamond sown to the front????,
stu

Agreed a Swim cap with diamond sewn on.

There was no prescribed swimming cap but it was stipulated in a 1940 reference that a section of cloth (with the cloth diamond sewn onto it) was to be wrapped around the head and over whatever swimming cap the girls chose to wear.

Velcro was invented in 1941 so I'm sure some girls got around to using that instead of wrapping stuff around their heads :)

I missed the auction, but usually I don't even bid where there are young girls in swimming suit. The description usually attracts alot of perverts and the price goes up :laugh:

Here's a better shot of the swimming headwear. As you can see, the actual cap is underneath the wrap onto which the diamond is sewn. This is the configuration described in the 1940 book "Aufbau und Abzeichen der HJ" that I mentioned a little further up the page.

Attachments

Here's a better shot of the swimming headwear. As you can see, the actual cap is underneath the wrap onto which the diamond is sewn. This is the configuration described in the 1940 book "Aufbau und Abzeichen der HJ" that I mentioned a little further up the page.

nice shot gary!!

...and another shot of the regulation item mentioned in posts 6 and 8 above:

Attachments

Back