Was it common for DJ and HJ winter caps to have an eagle?

Hi there,

You can upload attachments but as a free account holder you are unable to view them once posted. At the top of the forum you should see a notice explaining the changes made to accounts a couple of months ago. If you would like to go ahead and reupload your attachment it will be viewable by admin, mods and those with gold and silver accounts.

Do you mean the HJ/DJ summer cap (american: "overseas" cap)? If so, there is info on the cloth eagles here: Hitler Youth HJ summer caps - when were the cloth eagle and the cloth diamond introduced?

The eagle was worn on the DJ winter cap but only for those with rank (I'll dig those rank ranges out later when I have more time). All others wore just the HJ diamond where he has that eagle.

Edit: the black winter cap with eagle was also worn by members of the HJ Führerkorps on the skiing uniform. When I have time I'll go into more detail on this but for now, yes the regulations show that both the HJ and DJ wore the eagle on the winter cap under certain circumstances.

Some photos of winter caps with the eagle:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Not a problem. The photos are meant for anyone interested in the thread but for your information, the photos show large and small eagles being worn by DJ of varying ranks on the black winter cap. This is all provisioned in the dress regulations.

Back