Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Deutsches Jungvolk leaders cap?

hi guys

this has been offered to me, now im okay with certain caps but these things i know very little about so i thought i would ask my fellow members for some thoughts
    stu

Attached Images Attached Images

one more for luck:tongue_smilie:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi stu, not seen many myself but would expext to see a buckle on a textbook example and a political eagle to the front not a diamond, JMO . id take a little time on this one, perhaps some more experinced members will reply with some observations of there own. pete.

Bit of an oddity this one. There were cases of DJ leaders having their own caps made or indeed simply altering a HJ winter cap by having the silver cord added and regulations were eventually issued to prevent any further occurrences of this. The correct DJ leader cap was made of a finer material and was also stiffened. The cap shown could be contemporary but even if it is it isn't correct so with that and the other info in mind I would probably steer clear of this one Stu.

i think ill leave this one alone too mnay issues lol
    thnaks guys

I don't get good vibes from this cap. It looks like a postwar cap pimped as a HJ leader.
    I would let it go, if i was you.

the material weave does not appear to be war time and there is a lack of quality expected of this cap as shown by the reverse stitching

An original textbook factory manfactured Jungvolk Leaders cap will cost you around 1,800 euros .

A humped up DJ Leaders cap with added piping and a cap eagle will cost you about 700 euro .

This cap was problibly manfactured in the mid 1950s .

I was watching again this thread and i cannot but confirm my initial feelings: the overall quality is very low and the silver piping does not look like german ww2.It's bad.