DJ führer Wintermutze

Thanks Received
hello all,.a recent addition to my HJ cap collection this DJ führerdienstmutze purchased at a local gun show,i have been looking for one for ages,.anybody know the rarity of these führermutze?,. here are some pics,& a few of my cap collection.

cheers,
silas

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This is an old thread I know but I noticed that this cap isn't the official DJ leader cap because it's missing the silver cord around the ear flaps. I remember reading a post by Garry where he showed an order banning people from modifying the standard HJ winter cap by adding silver cord to them. I think this is one of those caps. Could also have been added post-war too of course..

I'm confused now because I understood that this DJ leader cap when it first came in in 1936 was only for Fähnleinführer and that it did, like Crack says have the cord around the top and also on the ear flaps but on other threads I see DJ leader caps with just the cord at the top and the guys seem to like them too. When did the change to cord just around the top of the cap come in or was that type for DJ leaders below the rank of Fähnleinführer?

Back