DJ winter service cap

Thanks Received
DJ Winter service cap Opinions & Origionallity,any info would be great,. cheers

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Not for me. The buckle should be in a different metal without a finish and RZM marked. This appears to be a civilian cap with an HJ insignia. Yes, they were sometimes used in the period, but proving this was actually worn by a member? Very difficult. The price was too high at 400 USD. If you have bought this from the Guild I advise you to politely return it. It is most definitely NOT a regulation HJ cap. I personally don't see a regulation HJ Wintermutze in any of the offerings currently on the site and would avoid them all. Just my opinion after looking at the RZM regulations.

Edit, See this thread for a textbook RZM pattern HJ Wintermutze. I would avoid all but this pattern for my money. Too many altered civilian caps sold as HJ caps nowadays.
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f6/mint-hj-wintermutze-7486/

Last edited:
Good that you did not buy it! The Guild is like any other dealer. A mix of good and sometimes bad items. It just shows that a collector cannot just buy blindly. Never trust any seller to authenticate items, ever. Study and learn like you are doing before spending money. I don't think the Guild deliberately offers bad items, but his H.J. knowledge is not that extensive from what I have seen over the years.

If anyone can tell me where I could find a nice HJ Wintermutze with correct buckle I would sure appreciate it.

Back