Help needed with this black HJ cap (Sommermütze)

Thanks Received
hi guys
ever seen that HJ side cap?would be urgent ,more pictures i do not have
thanks in advance

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

with dyed you meen it got some coulor from washing with other things?my english is not that good.
and what about the black piping?
i only knwo that piping on the rad workers cap

Hello

Seems to be a normal HJ cap but dyed

Another black sidecap from renowned collection which is identified as a DJ officer's summer overseas cap. I'm not sure about this.

Attachments

with dyed you meen it got some coulor from washing with other things?

Yes just a theory. If originally the piping was white colored, possible it turned black ? (should look carefully below between the border and the cloth)
IMO try to obtain photos of the inside for more opinions.

Last edited:
i know these cap
and also got some picture somewhere
but especially the one you show i do not think the silver piping is there since the begining of the cap.it looks stiched same time after.
can you say something to the piping on the cap i showed?

Another black sidecap from renowned collection which is identified as a DJ officer's summer overseas cap. I'm not sure about this.

Sorry but I don't have any reference about black piping on a HJ sidecap, it is not studetenbund also...

That silver cord is bugging me. That's the second cap we've seen that on. If we assume that this black one and the other shown a while back are fakes why oh why would someone put silver cord on a summer cap? That's what's bugging me. I wish I could find something, anything in writing which would confirm or deny the existence of silver cord on a summer cap. .

The first cap looks like it has been dyed to me also .

look at that
silver or white?

That silver cord is bugging me. That's the second cap we've seen that on. If we assume that this black one and the other shown a while back are fakes why oh why would someone put silver cord on a summer cap? That's what's bugging me. I wish I could find something, anything in writing which would confirm or deny the existence of silver cord on a summer cap. .

Attachments

Looks like I didn't get back to this thread at the time. The cap in post #1 looks, I agree, like a dyed HJ/DJ summer cap. Why that was done is a mystery to me. That's an interesting photo halle. The cap only has one cord so it's not like the one Lauri shows but interesting none the less.

I just had another look through the regulations to see whether the cap Lauri shows in post #4 is mentioned in that configuration because those silver cords are still bugging me but I don't see any changes to the DJ "Schiffchen" until the 30th of July 1937 when it was discontinued. There is no mention of the addition of silver cord for this cap. The only headwear that had this cord was the DJ-Führermütze introduced in 1936 but as we know, that cap had a similar appearance to the peaked winter cap (Wintermütze / Schimütze). Could it be the case that some leaders added the cord to the DJ-Schiffchen as an interim measure until they bought the regulation DJ leaders' cap? I think all we can do is speculate on that until some written or pictorial evidence turns up.

Perhaps the first cap was dyed to be used as a Motor HJ cap. One could speculate that the member dyed the entire cap, piping and all black. Perhaps the piping took a darker tone than the cap material in the process. Just a guess.

Back