Hitler Youth HJ summer cap (HJ-Sommermütze)

Thanks Received
Not often seen a hj summermutze
100% original so enjoy.
Light blue lining very nice.:001_tongue:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Tell you what when somthing gets posted and it does not look like the norm its automatically classed as a fake.
Wake up and look further.
This cap is nice and rare.
Ewan chime in and tell tell the members will you.

Hello; I don't think I am saying rubbish, simply as collector I have reasonable doubts about this cap.

1. The piping is in wool, wich is used most of times on fakes.
2. The piping of the front doesn't look like it fits, seems one side is upper than other, but it may be for the photo. If it is not, then it would not be classified as "nice" if not as horrible!
3. the sewing up from the front looks different than the "normal" caps.

What a load of POPYCOCK.

Hello Druid,

I wish to warn you that the majority of members of this forum prefer compliant items with regulations.
However, we all know that there are also other quite controversial but genuine items for some of them.

Best regards

Eric

Please note Druid WE WILL NOT TOLERATE any bad mouthing at any time here, You posted an item and unfortunately it did not get the review you desired and that is what this forum is all about calm cool debate with supporting info which has been given here so far. I myself feel this could be okay but there the detractors stated are valid IMO DO NOT LIKE THE RED FARB and how it is applied :canada1

This cap might have a chance ...Can you post more photos (clear sharp photos) of all angels of the cap . I do have a wool piped sommermutze in my collection , however; most caps have a standardized type piping opposed to wool .

As Requested

Hello members.
As requested.

Attachments

As Requested

Attachments

As Requested
Hope these help

Attachments

I do not see where is the problem with this Sommermütze. It is simply a variant.
By viewing these photos, It adorned me very authentic.

Druid , how do you know me? check your pm's , i cant remember about seeing this cap before?

i like it also , its certainly not made the same as the norm or even stitched in the way of the norm!

but i like the caps material, cut , insignia , tag (and where its located/stitched the ebay fakes of same type of piping have a cut like a US overseas cap and nothing like an original HJ one! like this is!

i feel someones been bothered by this cap in the past and have picked their way inside the lining to have a looksie

best to shout at your screen if need be and not in the forum here or youl sink like a stone :) friendly advice!

;)

in my opinion (I am not an expert but I am an experianced collector/historian) I like this cap . I will post photos of my wool piped somermutze soon .

When it comes to disagreements on this forum , we all must respect the forum first and foremost ... If you dont like an item then state your reasons and allow others to do the same (aprove or dissaprove) in a civil manner no trash talk-no back and forth bickering in open forum. Other forums like WAF are natorious/famous for this . One of the reasons that makes this forum great is that we keep the trash talk out of this forum. If members have a need to argue/insult each other , then do it in a personal message (I have done this myself a time or two but kept it in a PM) . Remember ...RESPECT the forum .

we all no what happens to dyed wool when it gets wet thus my personal concerns about this one. Note they did make some hj and certainly SS armbands out of wool and have seen the results of being out in the rain. :canada1

we all no what happens to dyed wool when it gets wet thus my personal concerns about this one. Note they did make some hj and certainly SS armbands out of wool and have seen the results of being out in the rain. :canada1
would it not bleed into the rest of the cap ?

Back