Hitler Youth HJ summer cap (HJ-Sommermütze)

As I said on my first post, I was not sure of this cap. I don't had issues with the shape, the sweatband, rzm tag or the grey lining -seen on other HJ caps-. However the stitching and the piping is not the standarized one (we can see the one posted by Jo from the same marker is obviosly different, and aswell a late-made model of this same one) and actually I wonder why the stitching and piping of this maker would be different on this cap. Would be quite interesting see other different caps from this same maker (A1/13 Hermann Poffhoff, Coesfeld, Westfalen). The image attached was posted by Wim Saris on warrelics forum.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I wonder why the stitching and piping of this maker would be different on this cap. Would be quite interesting see other different caps from this same maker (A1/13 Hermann Poffhoff, Coesfeld, Westfalen)

There is a note in the 1936 RZM manufacturing instructions which discusses the introduction of the colours for Flieger-HJ, Motor-HJ etc on the summer cap. The note describes the "Biese" (the coloured strip) and states that it is to be made from "regulation Spiegeltuch". This is what we see on Druid's cap.

I don't know when the RZM decided that the more customary "shoelace" Biese should be used but I'll try to find out.

This thread has become really interesting even though i had a bad start.
Well done to everyone.
Lets keep it going and get to the truth about these nice caps.

Back