Hitler Youth visor - Gefolgschaftsführer to Hauptgefolgschaftsführer

Thanks Received
I have owned this HJ Visor since it was sent home to me in 1945 by a family relative shortly before he came home from the war. It has been in a glass case in a military museum for over 50 years and I never knew how to describe it until I saw your post (Sept. 12, 2010) on the forum. I would appreciate it if someone could translate the above title or tell me what that means. My visor looks almost exactly like the one pictured in your previous post. I am a new member of the forum and have several HJ items I would like to post. I am trying to show some photos. Even the threading on my visor runs the exact directions as the visor in your earlier post. The leather sweatband inside is complete but has some krinkles and the tag is complete and readable and the size is stamped inside. I really enjoy the HJ forum and have studied the history of it for many years. coonboy

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Great Visor , I have 2 of them . Gefolgschaftfuhrer and HauptGefolgschaftfuhrer means a midlevel Hitler Jugend Leader , basicly 3 pips on their shoulderstraps to 3 pips and 2 litzen .

Thanks so much for the information, and now I can label the display correctly. I really enjoy this forum and spend several hours a day viewing and reading. Coonboy

Is the top piping a faded red or pink in color ?

Here is one of mine .

Attachments

It does look pink to me . It would be hard for a cap to get the same level of fade all around the top of the visor . Maybe a closer shot of the piping in micro .

love looking at these visors ,these are bringing big money these days

Color of pipping on HJ Visor

These photos are the best I can do on the close up of pipping. The color is consistent all the way around and it probably is pink rather than faded red. Could someone tell me what Red would designate and what pink would desiginate

Attachments

Back