hj cap

Thanks Received
hello.
my first try to post a picture ever so i hpe this goes well :001_tongue:
i have not seen another one like this cap before.
is this from ol 1936 or something?
Stig

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hi there.
well, the diamond is kinda "scratched".
huff, my fear is that this is another fantasy piece?
sorry, but i cannot send another picture with more zoom in yet since i have borrowed the camera and already returned it.
i will try again tommorrow.

anyone out there who can tell me what this is?
cannot post close up photo of diamond ( i am not that good at taking photos).

Well, I haven't seen one before either but the shape would suggest that it was intended for wear under some form of helmet. My first thought was the NSKK crash helmet worn by Motor-HJ motorcycle riders but they don't look like they would need any further protection against the cold. I'm stumped on this one.

Attachments

hi Garry.
thanx also to Albrecht for answering/looking at this!
i have looked at some of the collections, replies to questions asked, etc. here and i am IMPRESSED at the knowledge that people have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am amazed : )

but the shape would suggest that it was intended for wear under some form of helmet.
With the HJ cloth insignia on ? no advertising on these items even in the F1 today. To me it looks like a modern woolly hat of sorts with an added insignia..

I wasn't really bothered about the badge. That could be easily added. I'm more interested in the shape and purpose.

I wasn't really bothered about the badge. That could be easily added. I'm more interested in the shape and purpose.
Added? you mean as in "doctored to raise the price"?? perish the though Garry..... dont get us all worried now....

:) I don't know what it is and I'm guessing that no one else has seen one of these either. It's an oddball with a cloth diamond. That's all it is at the moment.

Back