HJ flakhelfer hat authenticity?

Tim

Thanks Received
I'm interested in adding this to my HJ flakhelfer collection.

Looks genuine to me but I'm still new to this and would like everyone's opinion on it and it's condition (cheap, medium, expensive) before I go ahead.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

nothing wrong with this one,.i like it,make sure to do some research on price though before purchase,it is a bit salty,but in ok condition.

si

Thanks for the input si
I think it may be slightly over priced but I'm basing that purely on the fact that the only other one I can see available is roughly the same price but looks in better condition.

Im assuming it is not ok to talk about prices on the forum?

Thanks for the input si
I think it may be slightly over priced but I'm basing that purely on the fact that the only other one I can see available is roughly the same price but looks in better condition.

Im assuming it is not ok to talk about prices on the forum?

It's okay to discuss prices on the forum. Often times this can help a collector avoid over paying or in getting a real bargain.

It's okay to discuss prices on the forum. Often times this can help a collector avoid over paying or in getting a real bargain.

Not a chance ....LOL :001_tt1:

however, prices are subjective, and offers are considered, but I won't give it away, as I do not need to sell, it's my hobby :)

Ah ok thanks, thought it best to check first.

The cap is up for £395 (~$574) plus post.
Being an inexperienced collector I struggle a lot with value of items.
Feel like I would be insulting trusted dealers with my offers.

Edit:
hi john, I only just saw your post. Thatll teach me to not refresh the screen!
would you rather I didn't post prices?

Hallo.In euro around 350e/370e is a fair price

Wow. I would love you to show me one for that price in the uk? not in euros as we use sterling and cost of living is different in different areas. And Tim. I wish these items were cheap to buy. They are not.

Hi there;
your cap is good, no doubts. About the price is expensive for me. I have one similar to this one and I paid 276 euros. And I still have another one and I paid for it 275. I would not pay more of 300 euros by one.
And first one was to a dealer and 2nd one to a collector! There is plenty of LH caps around, just a matter of look for them!

Hi there;
your cap is good, no doubts. About the price is expensive for me. I have one similar to this one and I paid 276 euros. And I still have another one and I paid for it 275. I would not pay more of 300 euros by one.
And first one was to a dealer and 2nd one to a collector! There is plenty of LH caps around, just a matter of look for them!
Absolutely 100% agree, that is your choice, how come when I buy from a collector he wants top money? :)

I don't "kick the arse out of the price" trouble is, I can't see how any dealer can make a living out of selling this stuff! everyone's an expert (ex as in "has been, and spurt as in "drip under pressure) and everyone can always fins something cheaper. Who sets the price? in my mind, it's the collector, coz if you're a dealer and you want nice stuff, you have to pay the ferryman....Just my opinion

Flakhelfer caps are very common ... prices range depending on condition , original sewn insignia and if they still retain their rzm tags . they can range from 225 to 475 US dollars . I would not pay more than $375 for one in excellent condition .

Agree with Joe. Wintermutze in good condition and tagged are much more difficult to find. Flakhelfer caps are not too difficult to find most of the time. As said a seller may ask whatever price they like, and others sometimes don't know how much the seller is into the cap for in terms of money.

I don't mean to keep this thread going as it serves no purpose, but I'd like to add, through no fault of my own, I paid more than I should have, the reason is simple. I bought something from a dealer that has a good reputation valued at £400. It was fake, and I threw it back to him, The cap was offered to me as an exchange.It was either that or lose the whole nine yards...... Dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. Which ever way I'm going to lose money, question is how much am I prepared to lose :) Everything sells eventually.

Who is the dealer ?
I don't mean to keep this thread going as it serves no purpose, but I'd like to add, through no fault of my own, I paid more than I should have, the reason is simple. I bought something from a dealer that has a good reputation valued at £400. It was fake, and I threw it back to him, The cap was offered to me as an exchange.It was either that or lose the whole nine yards...... Dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. Which ever way I'm going to lose money, question is how much am I prepared to lose :) Everything sells eventually.

The cap is good, no question about that John. Better to take the cap than lose everything iMO. Sounds like a shady practice from the dealer though. That sucks.

The cap is good, no question about that John. Better to take the cap than lose everything iMO. Sounds like a shady practice from the dealer though. That sucks.

Agreed Darin, that's why I took it, and it would be unethical of me to reveal the dealer, I don't do that, just goes to show you though, collectors are not the only ones to get shafted :) Incidentally I've already offered it to Tim at a vastly reduced and competitive price (IMO) and as I'm already taking a hit, it really hurts :)

Back