HJ Lagermütze

cox

Thanks Received
Hi,

I got these HJ Lagermütze with some other stuff few days ago.
Is this one ok ?

Best regards and thanks

cox

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:

Here is a pic of his Lagerausweis.

Best regards
cox

Attachments

Hi,

The HJ Lagermütze is first mentioned on the 10th of Feb 1936 in an RJF Verordnungsblatt where it is described as being 'shirt brown' and with a metal HJ membership badge on the front and above that a cloth political eagle (this cap later became the standard Sommermütze). Yours is the wrong colour to be that kind of Lagermütze obviously but there is another type of cap that was worn by those taking part in activities which required them to wear the 'Geländesportanzug'. Here's one but again, yours looks different: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f6/textbook-fatigue-cap-hj-drillich-uniform-983/

When were these introduced Lauri? I havent seen one before. They must be late items I would have thought?

Just an addition to post #3 above where I was going on about the original HJ-Lagermütze and that it later became known the HJ-Sommermütze. This redesignation was announced on the 19th of June 1936.

Hi crack,

The grey caps were part of the HJ-Geländesportanzug and the name given to them in the order is 'Geländesportmütze'. I see the grey Geländesportanzug being mentioned in July 1937 and in various orders after that.

Hi Cox,

On the matter of the difference between your cap and the one I linked to above: Drillich was not the standard material for this uniform and I see a 1939 order banning Drillich in favour of the standard Geländesportanzug so your cap would appear to be the more 'correct' of the two although both types were worn. There is a further reference to caps in 1939 telling people to wear the grey Geländesportmütze when on courses that required the Geländesportanzug. Clearly the boys had been wearing the standard Sommermütze instead.

If I find anything else I'll add it here.

Hello again,

thank you for your help.
I´ll post some new pic´s, maybe it will help you guys.

Best regards,
Oliver

Attachments

Hi Oliver,

I don't allow externally-hosted attachments on the forum due to the risk of a thread becoming redundant if such attachments are deleted by the host. Would it be possible to upload them as you did in posts 1 and 2?

Thanks

Edit: thanks for sending the pics Oliver. Uploaded to post 7 :thumb:

Back