HJ LEADERS SIDE CAP

Hello,

Herewith pictures of a PL (Politische Leiter) side cap. The Pattern is similar to the first shown, even if the cord is not the same and I think that this cap (the first shown) could be a PL one.

Best regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Perhaps a cap from a political leader transferred to the H.J. who added the H.J. insignia rather than purchasing another cap? Just a guess though, difficult to prove something like that.

See post 30: political leaders did not wear alu and golden piping.
Normally political leaders field-caps do have a piping at the edge
of the flap, as well as at the crown! See post 41 as this is such a
cap.
By the way: it is very difficult to find descriptions for field-caps
for political leaders. They were hardly mentioned in regulations.
A lot of research on behalf of this, needs to be done! An actual
document or so can give a final solution.

Thanks Wim. So, jury still most definitely out on these HJ caps with silver cord.

Just to go back to the type of cap in post #1 which I mentioned had also been described as a "Führeranwärter" (trainee leader) cap on a german forum, I just came across a detailed order from Gebiet Hochland which describes the introduction of trainee leader courses in 1941. In Bann Munich these were Gefolgschaften or Fähnlein (four of each consisting of 80 to 120 personnel). The other Banne in Gebiet Hochland maintained trainee units in the strength of a Jungzug and Schar. The order mentions the uniform requirements but does not mention any special insignia for attendees on these courses. This and the lack of any mention of the cord in any other orders (including those issued by the RJF itself) lead, in my opinion, to the conclusion that these cannot be trainee leader caps. More likely is the idea mentioned by a couple of guys on the thread that this was an unofficial adornment to the summer cap on the part of those who would have otherwise by virtue of rank/appointment have qualified for the silver cord.

Back