Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

HJ LEADERS SIDE CAP

JUST ACQUIRED THIS LEADERS SIDE CAP

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Paul,

We had one of these up for discussion back in 2009 and at the time I could not find any mention of summer caps with silver cord in the regulations. That has not changed over the years so I'm wondering if the seller gave you any useful info that shows the item description to be true. Does anyone else have any more information on the addition of silver braid to summer caps?

Please login to view user info
    In my opinion , It looks like a good cap , however ; it is non regulation if real .

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Hi Paul,

We had one of these up for discussion back in 2009 and at the time I could not find any mention of summer caps with silver cord in the regulations. That has not changed over the years so I'm wondering if the seller gave you any useful info that shows the item description to be true. Does anyone else have any more information on the addition of silver braid to summer caps?
    Hello Garry,

All my apologies, but the thread you quotes has nothing to do with Paul's overseas cap.
    Garry, what everyone here is asking, could we give a possible credibility to this HJ overseas cap?.
    As for me, I prefer to remain cautious before throwing the stone.
    I think the same as Joecool, I hope we will find more arguments in the near future.
    We don't have any regulation at the moment but we have a photo, haven't we?.

Best Regards
    Eric
    groupe NPEA1.jpggroupe NPEA.jpg

great feedback guys I did my due diligence on this one so far as consulting every reference book in existence with negative results. No pics no period data on its usage. Why I bought it is the material looks so similar to the leader uniform colour and material. It can be returned and will give more details once in hand and can have a close look at it. one alternate is could it be related to a school ?

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    Hello Garry,

All my apologies, but the thread you quotes has nothing to do with Paul's overseas cap.
    Of course it does. Both caps have a silver cord which I cannot see mentioned in the regulations or indeed anywhere else. Please read carefully what I wrote in this thread and the other one. I'm not disputing the caps themselves, I'm just interested in finding out what the silver cord means. The german forum I mentioned on the other thread states that the cap is for "Führeranwärter" and I assume that the seller of Paul's cap described it as being for a "leader". How do they know that? Do you understand me now?

I'm getting a little sick of being told "yes, yes, regulations blah blah". Firstly, we'd be lost without them and secondly I have never said that all items should be judged solely by the regulations because to do so would be rather stupid and I'm definitely not that...

So here we have a cap that appears good, but the piping is not in the regulations. Possibly added by an HJ leader or Anwarter during the period, but not addressed in the regulations. Sometimes in hand the only possible way to fully come to a conclusion with non regulation items for me. The regulations are very important in collecting and avoiding fakes, and so is hands on experience IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Of course it does. Both caps have a silver cord which I cannot see mentioned in the regulations or indeed anywhere else. Please read carefully what I wrote in this thread and the other one. I'm not disputing the caps themselves, I'm just interested in finding out what the silver cord means. The german forum I mentioned on the other thread states that the cap is for "Führeranwärter" and I assume that the seller of Paul's cap described it as being for a "leader". How do they know that? Do you understand me now?

I'm getting a little sick of being told "yes, yes, regulations blah blah". Firstly, we'd be lost without them and secondly I have never said that all items should be judged solely by the regulations because to do so would be rather stupid and I'm definitely not that...
    Hi Garry,

Yes of course I understand what you mean and I am reassured when I read your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    So here we have a cap that appears good, but the piping is not in the regulations. Possibly added by an HJ leader or Anwarter during the period, but not addressed in the regulations. Sometimes in hand the only possible way to fully come to a conclusion with non regulation items for me. The regulations are very important in collecting and avoiding fakes, and so is hands on experience IMO.
    Hello Darin,

That's the problem, how to explain such things to young collectors. It is not easy with the elders. lol

THE VENDOR has told me came out of a European collection and is trying to get me more info. Will post close pics when it arrives probably Monday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast