HJ Side Cap Purchase at SOS

Thanks Received
Hello, I purchased this cap at the Show of Shows In Louisville, Kentucky this past week and would appreciate some insight into what organization within the Hj used it. As you can see it is olive green and has no piping. The rzm label is designated "sommer-mutze" or summer cap. I haven't seen one like it before and would appreciate your input.
Best,
Garryn

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Crack, thanks for your response and the link. I'm starting to see where this cap might have been used. I'll keep looking for more info.
Best,
Garryn

Hello; it is a Drell HJ cap. It goes with this tunic

Attachments

Thanks to both Albrecht and joecool for helping identify my cap. Now that I know it is a Drell pattern sidecap I would be interested in knowing more about who wore it and for what purpose. I haven't seen this before.

Ok, after reading some of the older threads I can see that this side cap was a lagermutze, or work cap, and to be worn only at training camps during the summer. Drillich mutze, Drell mutze, and WE Drillich lagermutze are referring to a fatigue cap. Looks like these are not a common item in the collecting world.

Not so common cap. They are not exceedingly rare, but finding a good RZM example is a good addition to an H.J. collection. I concur with the other members here, it's a good period cap.

Hi, the first version (1936) of the summer cap came without the coloured cord. Might be one of them:

Hitler Youth HJ summer caps - when were the cloth eagle and the cloth diamond introduced?

No, the first issued ones had a red piping (here a part from a book, I once planned):

A novelty in early 1936 was a new HJ cap, known as the HJ-La­germütze. This forage cap was authorized in February 1936, but already a favorite headdress form within other organizati­ons as the SA,but also the DJ. For all

it's pipings were orde­red to be bright red. The special forces (wearing the light-blue or pink) were no exception. -*-
"Vbl.d.HJ" February, 1936, p.25. Nr.7: "HJ-Lagermütze";

No, the first issued ones had a red piping (here a part from a book, I once planned):

A novelty in early 1936 was a new HJ cap, known as the HJ-La­germütze. This forage cap was authorized in February 1936, but already a favorite headdress form within other organizati­ons as the SA,but also the DJ. For all

it's pipings were orde­red to be bright red. The special forces (wearing the light-blue or pink) were no exception. -*-
"Vbl.d.HJ" February, 1936, p.25. Nr.7: "HJ-Lagermütze";

Sorry,my mistake as I misread what Garry said in his post, the one I linked to.Yes he also said they had red cords.

Garry said:
The caps only came in one configuration at that time i.e. there was no special colour designating the Oberbann or indeed Flieger-HJ, Nachrichten-HJ etc so all of these caps had red (Hochrot) cords...

Back