HJ summer cap with silver cord - HJ-Führeranwärter

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Here's an interesting summer cap. I came across this on a german forum where it is described as a 'HJ-Führeranwärter' cap. This would translate as 'HJ leader in waiting' or 'HJ leader candidate'.

Has anyone seen one of these before or does anyone have any further info? I'm struggling with this one and can't find any regulations which mention it.

Also, if you look at the silver cord it appears to have been applied over a marine blue cord.

Edit 2020: HJ LEADERS SIDE CAP

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Ah, my crap memory strikes again :) Thanks Darin. While we are waiting for more comments on this thread I think I'll write to the owner and ask whether he was able to find a period reference for the leader candidate thing.

Let us know what you find out Garry. Seems that nobody could positively I.D. this caps piping before, hopefully something new has surfaced about it.

On the old forum he says he bought it at a market but on the german forum it was apparently found by a friend in an old gentleman's attic.... Not a good start. I've added a question to the thread on MFF. Let's see if someone answers. As with the thread on the old forum the thread on MFF was also inconclusive so let's see if someone answers with more reliable info.

still think the cord has been added to a normal cap to try and increase its value

side cap

hello
i was searching the net to get some information of caps from the hj and i found the old forum closed a time ago.
surprisingly i found my own cap here on this thread.

i had put pictures from it on different sites and yes it is true i matched some things together.sorry about that.

the real storry is the storry with the friend and the old men in my hometown.i didnt wanted to grade up the cap even it is not for sale and will never be.

but now the reason why i post here:
look at that one

On the old forum he says he bought it at a market but on the german forum it was apparently found by a friend in an old gentleman's attic.... Not a good start. I've added a question to the thread on MFF. Let's see if someone answers. As with the thread on the old forum the thread on MFF was also inconclusive so let's see if someone answers with more reliable info.

Attachments

nobody with any idea??

hello
i was searching the net to get some information of caps from the hj and i found the old forum closed a time ago.
surprisingly i found my own cap here on this thread.

i had put pictures from it on different sites and yes it is true i matched some things together.sorry about that.

the real storry is the storry with the friend and the old men in my hometown.i didnt wanted to grade up the cap even it is not for sale and will never be.

but now the reason why i post here:
look at that one

Hello, I am missing something. Is that another HJ cap you own? the piping looks the same but the type of caps are different.
It looks thicker than the Wehrmacht officer's piping but I am somehow reluctant to label it as added postwar. I can't help with a sure Id but I'd keep it as it is.

hello yes it is a new one i got a couple month ago i would be happy with any help if better pictures are needy just let me know thanks
Hello, I am missing something. Is that another HJ cap you own? the piping looks the same but the type of caps are different.
It looks thicker than the Wehrmacht officer's piping but I am somehow reluctant to label it as added postwar. I can't help with a sure Id but I'd keep it as it is.

Back