HJ summer overseas cap question

Thanks Received
Hi Guys

I'm looking into an summer overseas cap at the moment and need some advice on the types of liners fitted to these caps.

Were there different materials used as liners or was there just one type ?

Best

P

I have seen beige to yellow to brown colors for the lining .

dave have you showed your nice hj sommermutze and hj trumpet banner here mate?
Hi ewan,i have posted my HJ regulation trumpet banner on here which you kindly commented on:thumbup1:
As for the summermutz no not yet.
I will take some pics in due course and i have had it for years but i have never liked it.
It douse have light blue lining with red piping.
dave

cap i have never been happy with

Hi gang here is my cap but i have never been happy with it for some reason.
Its not like the 10s you see being sold onmost dealers site.
Please be brutal because i really dont care for this cap anyway thats why i have never showed it off:blush:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi gang here is my cap but i have never been happy with it for some reason.
Its not like the 10s you see being sold onmost dealers site.
Please be brutal because i really dont care for this cap anyway thats why i have never showed it off:blush:

well , if you don't like it..... I'm more than willing to take it...:001_rolleyes:

seems a bid strange , the diamond to be hand made(?:frusty:!) mayby a housewife....

Here is the interior,never never have i seen this type before:w00t:

Attachments

Just a note,the reason why i have kept this cap for years is because after all my years of collecting i have never come across this set up ,ie blue lining and label mm 13.
Ok may be a long drip fake but if so lets see some moor or at least some comments of you guys.

H2OC02 Hi mate,
imo the insignia is machine woven(BeVo) which has been machine stitched to cap.
cheers:thumb:

hi dave could we see a close up of the piping mate like the from diamond picture you show looks good dave but maybe to good? also a better camera shot of the rzm tag? strange none of the guys that have had these are commenting maybe no ones seen one with that type of lining etc :confused::thumb:

Diamond insignia looks good to me. I've only owned brown satin lined caps like this personally so can't really comment on the lining. Mine also had a cloth RZM tag stitched to the inside. I once washed one in nothing but warm water but then all the lettering dissapeared from the tag. :frusty::angry:

Diamond insignia looks good to me. I've only owned brown satin lined caps like this personally so can't really comment on the lining. Mine also had a cloth RZM tag stitched to the inside. I once washed one in nothing but warm water but then all the lettering dissapeared from the tag.

the brown material also looks good mate? the pipings out of focus would like to see it close up? also a nice clear image of the tag does the photo of it not look strange if you know what i mean? :confused::laugh:

darin what a bummer on the cap :jaw:

Last edited:
The tag itself does not look bad to me. The attachment is odd to me, but I've not seen everything and am not really a headgear collector so not the best guy to ask I think. There are plenty of "textbook" HJ caps around, I'd stick with them unless I already had some known good examples, then maybe go for the unusual or possible variant types.

Edit, here's a photo of an RZM attached in a similar style on a hat that looks good to me.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back