Thanks Thanks:  0

HJ summer sidecap - good one?

not my main interest but was shown this cap today and told the collector it was most probably a vet added insignia as the HJ had no connection with the railway. opinions awaited

Attached Images Attached Images

Cap is good. When the insignia was added who knows.

yes no doubt on the hat itself, the guy I have been emailing with insists the insignia is correct and I have given him the opinion stated above which I do not think he buys. He is also a forum hater so trying to win him over

I've never seen this insignia on an HJ sidecap before. Impossible to tell when it was added. I've looked at several references and no images of this arangement that I can find.

YES totally alien to me. I have never seen any HJ in the service of the railway

I don't know Riechsbann, is that insignia even correct for a Reichsbann sidecap or is it something else?

it is RR , I have a huge collection of it lower part of the hat insignia

PAUL

Please login to view user info
    looks like a tab insignia, not for cap. I think it has nothing to do with the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeller View Post
    looks like a tab insignia, not for cap. I think it has nothing to do with the cap.
    Hi,
    yes , I agree with Zeller

nice cap, insignia could have been there since 1946 but has nothing to do with the HJ persay.:001_huh: