HJ visor cap

Thanks Received
hey guys,i just purchased this visor cap & am new to the forum,any info/comments on the red piping(rgt/branch & insignia etc is much appretiated,i have been trying to re-search the subject with no luck.cheers

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice original standard HJ visor for lower ranks . Heres mine .

Attachments

Welcome to the forum Wingman. As Joe has stated a nice standard H.J. visor cap for lower ranks.

Joe, the saddle shape of that cap is fantastic, a great looking example.

Nice original standard HJ visor for lower ranks . Heres mine .
hi bud i like your cap too.,do you know much about the piping
colours being from different areas of the Hitler Jugend,Bavaria,East Prussia,Suden ETc,i have tried re-searching it with no luck yet,cheers si

The piping on early caps reflects the Oberbann of the various Banns. Oberbann colors were as follows:

Red=1
Yellow=2
Green=3
Blue=4
Black=5
White=6

In this link is an excellent article from Garry explaining the Oberbann structure and colors.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Oberbann
hi Gefolgschaft,..i do not have access to the link you provided as yet,.i just purchased the cap
can you give me a little more info on the red piping,mainly what city is the "red" piping from" would help alot,cheers si

Red piping is regular HJ . Your cap is a pattern from November 1936 , Before that from 1933 until November 1936 a brown cloth visor was worn .
This style with the black visor would not have utilized the Oberbann colors as the Oberbann concept was discontinued in April of 1936 , however ; I could be wrong as I am not an expert . This style of visor would use the branch piping concept : Regular HJ RED , Motor HJ PINK , Flying HJ BLUE , Signals HJ YELLOW , ETC.
I do not know when this pattern with the black visor was discontinued , however I have seen a photo dated 1941 showing them in wear .

Last edited:
Back