HJ winter cap with red piping cord? Feuerwehrschar?

crack

Thanks Received
Hey guys, I found this on a troll through the dealer sites today. Dealer describes it as "M43 FIRE BRIGADE CAP". I have never seen one of these caps with a red cord and am also unaware that the HJ Feuerwehrscharen had a cap specific to them. Is this cap really "HJ"?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

This cap ("M43 FIRE BRIGADE CAP") is really a fire brigade cap, but... of the 60th and later. So, nothing to do with WW II and the HJ.

Best regards

Hello,

This cap ("M43 FIRE BRIGADE CAP") is really a fire brigade cap, but... of the 60th and later. So, nothing to do with WW II and the HJ.

Best regards

Hello DEBERTEX,

I have never had the opportunity to see one of this period. I did not even know that this pattern with the red piping had existed.
Thanks for the information. We learn more and more interesting things on this forum.

Best Regards
Eric

Hello,

Find herewith a picture of this cap in wear with the walk-out uniform of the Freiwillige Feuerwehr Gottenheim in october 2015.

Best regards

Attachments

... and, of course this cap is not in wear during the fight against fire ! (see picture below)

Attachments

Thanks very much Debertex. That confirms my suspicion that the dealer hasn't got a clue with this item. Here's his sales blurb:

od43.com said:
RARE ORIGINAL HITLER YOUTHM43 FIRE BRIGADE CAP
Nice used honest HJ fire brigade M43 cap. Well used but not damage to the outside heavy blue wool. Size is a smaller 55 or 56. There are a couple holes in the red silk like meterial. Can't tell if the pin is marked, it's very tightly fixed to the cap. Great rare cap, you will love it. Of course offered with full money back guarantee for authenticity.

I think that he seriously needs to reconsider who he uses to authenticate things for him.

This is a good example of the Forum and the level of experience here that is shared by collectors. Not only called out but photos to show proof that the item is not what it is represented as.

Back