HJ-Wintermütze, Opinions Requested

Thanks Received
Hello, any opinions as to original on this cap, thanks for looking.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

This cap has nothing to do with the HJ ! It could be (I think it is) of the III Reich period. It is a cap for the REICHSBAHN or REICHSPOST or something like that.

The HJ-Wintermütze was BLACK and with a buckle (and not two buttons).

Best regards

Yes I know its not the text book rzm buckle cap! Wanted to know if the cap was original, as the pin is, and if anybody had in-experience with these caps, as the fakers never get the makers stamp perfect, seen tons of late war pics dated 44 or 45 of HJ wearing 2 button caps. thanks for your opinion .

Attachments

Hello,

On the two pictures, the boys wear the Wehrmacht "Einheitsfeldmütze" (here in Feldgrau for land units). This kind of caps is not a HJ item. You can see (an other exemple) boys with helmets, but helmets are not HJ items... etc

Best regards

thanks for the info, a friend had a original black, RZM, buckle HJ cap that he was going to sell me when his book is finally published, but it was stolen along with several items.

I can only agree with Debertex. I have a copy of the regulations and this cap is not regulation. Yes photos show boys wearing other than regulation caps, but proving this was used in the period by an H.J. member would be difficult if not impossible now.

Hello,

If you travel through Germany, you will see (less and less, it is true) peasants wear this cap
at work (and others with one button, no buttons and in different colors). Also workers wear it on construction sites. This cap was on sale in all workwear stores since the 40th and it still is, but increasingly replaced by the baseball cap. Look at the items I found after a short search on Google.

Best regards

Attachments

Thanks to both of you for the info & help, for sure will pass on it.

Back