Marine HJ cap with blue diamond.

Thanks Received
A dealer got this in for me. It has a white cover with a blue diamond. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Asked dealer cap has a tag and if the pin is RZM marked .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Well, even if it isn't one of the Hoffmann badges, it's bogus. The dealer needs a good shoeing for a. putting it on the cap and b. even thinking about putting it on the cap...! The MHJ wore the standard red/white HJ badge.

What does the cap tally say? Marine HJ Stein...? Shouldn't these tallies have "MHJ (location)" or the MHJ-Gefolgschaft version "1/xxx location 1/xxx" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought.. What is story about the blue HJ diamonds? I have seen MHJ tallies marked "MHJ".. first time I've seen "Marine H J".

At a moments glance ...the diamond is a one looker FAKE !

Aha.. Thanks, Joe.. Don't have photos of back of pin yet.. I the REAL thing a MHJ membership pin? Tally reads: " MARINE H.J. STEINHUDE "

I am convinced the blue pin is a fake. It is offered separately and with cap. Red pin is on cap without cover. Now the tally.....

SO we have that out of the way. Pin is a fake..Don't know why dealer would put it on cover.. What about tally and cap itself?

This Marine-HJ cap is good in my opinion. Construction is very similar to original caps. Does it have a RZM label under the sweatband? The cap tally "Marine HJ Steinhude" has a precedent. For example "Marine HJ Harburg" and "Marine HJ Chemnitz" are known and are in a large collection. Maybe a member can find the reason for this difference in a regulation? More common is the Marine-HJ Gefolgschaft number and place name.

A dealer who piuts that rubbish badge on a cap needs to learn more about what he is selling. It is not a good sign that this is a reliable dealer. Who is this dealer?

Thank you for your post, Trommeller. Tally has been authenticated and yes it is unusual. Red diamond pin sold with the cap is RZM 1/8. Blue pin was optional with sale and is a fantasy creation obviously. No RZM tag inside which is disappointment; however, it is named and hand marked WA 312. PM for dealers name. (I don't think he knew about pin because was upfront about it.)

Just came across this similar MHJ cap on Mr. Bethge's site.
The photo is for sale there for quite some money.
Price is probably caused by the nice pins.

Attachments

The cap tally is 100% original. No problem with the description on the tally itself. IMO only the cap tally is related to the MHJ.

John

Last edited:
Another variation of this format attached from my collection.

John

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello John,

So the cap itself is not MHJ? Love that Chemnitz tally by the way :001_tt1:

Back