Marine-HJ Gefolgschaft Lübben - summer cap with tally?

Another tip I learned: To test whether period made celluloid was used and not plastic, scape a sliver off in this case the inside of
sweatband shield. When put up to a flame, if it turns to ash it is celluloid, if it melts its plastic and a fake.

I agree with what has been said here. When collecting MHJ complete caps, you must insist on a RZM tag. I had been arguing this point for about 10 years with Philipp Militaria since they had a cap with a MHJ tally. I wanted the tally, not the cap. The cap had no RZM tag. I offered to buy the pin and tally at a fair price and they could do what they wanted with the cap. They refused but eventually after at least a decade, they finally sold the rig to somebody, not me.

To me it is not worth it to be suckered into the inflated price of a tally, pin, possible eagle, and cap when all that can truly be proven is the cap tally itself.

I own quite a number of MHJ caps, all have RZM tags or I am generally not interested. That said, a cap tally could be so rare that it is still worth buying the entire rig even if the RZM tag is missing. In that case, I would take the tally off when received and put the cap in my rainy day box.

John

Back